West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would really like to see Luton in the Premier League next season.

Smaller ground than Bournemouth our away fans won't be agreeing 😜 

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Smaller ground than Bournemouth our away fans won't be agreeing 😜 

Haha, true.

However, to see where they have came from (almost completely wiped out as a football club) and climbed the tables how they have, I think it would be great for them and I hope they do it - even if they only last one season.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Haha, true.

However, to see where they have came from (almost completely wiped out as a football club) and climbed the tables how they have, I think it would be great for them and I hope they do it - even if they only last one season.

A bit like Brighton. They were one point away in 1997 from total oblivion. They stayed up in Division 3 (yes) by 1 point after drawing with Hereford.

What a roller coaster they have been on.

The opposite of Albion, who's boing boing mediocrity has been stinking up the joint for decades. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

But isn't clever, funny, insult-laden protesting actually just part of the obligatory process of embracing this ancient, storied, mythic rivalry?

giphy.gif

I'm afraid, I have no wish to renew our "rivalry" on the pitch. They can have their fun playing the Noses and seeing which of them can sing "s**t on the Villa" loudest in the Championship. I remember the days of the late 60s & early 70s, when they were the most successful local team and didn't they make sure we knew it. They didn't long for local derbies against us then, when we were outside of the top flight and I'm the same about our lack of games against them now. They are an irrelevance now, we don't sing about them incessantly, like they do about us, because we have bigger fish to fry. ;)    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Dodgy place tho. Famous for 24 hours in police custody and EasyJet.

Very.

I used to go to college in Luton (over 20 years ago now). I would leave work and get a train to Luton every Mon & Tues to get to college for 5pm and wouldn't finish until 9.30pm. More often than not I would unfortunately just miss the last bus by minutes that would stop at the train station.

I would start the hour long walk to the station walking through some eye opening areas of Luton (autumn/winter months so pitch black by 5pm).

It was dodgy back then, and it's only got worse over the years from what I understand. There's not a hell's chance I would do that walk nowadays though. I imagine it would be like Russian roulette to make it to the train station these days.

Back on topic and on a football scenario, I would sooner see Luton promoted this season rather than WBA or even Coventry.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Typo

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Went there when Bosnich made his debut for us. 
Had my car stolen, have no desire to see Luton in the top flight!

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It also happens to be the home of the EDL 🤮

Yes it does. Its an absolute hole of a place and our record there is abysmal.

The kind of club that we would like in the Prem for the novelty factor and then quickly decide we would now like them to politely f*** back from whence they came.*

* See Stoke, Cardiff, Bournemouth for examples 

Edited by GlobalVillan

5 hours ago, John said:

I'm afraid, I have no wish to renew our "rivalry" on the pitch. They can have their fun playing the Noses and seeing which of them can sing "s**t on the Villa" loudest in the Championship. I remember the days of the late 60s & early 70s, when they were the most successful local team and didn't they make sure we knew it. They didn't long for local derbies against us then, when we were outside of the top flight and I'm the same about our lack of games against them now. They are an irrelevance now, we don't sing about them incessantly, like they do about us, because we have bigger fish to fry. ;)    

But what else would a good Villan say? I mean, sure. I hear you loud and clear. We hate them. We hate them beautifully—and with effortless insouciance,. They are so so so so so very very very irrelevant, well, they've exhausted English and must reach for other languages. ¡Albion es muy muy muy muy muy irrelevante! I think it's maybe good to spend more of my time posting about how I don't think about them ever.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I travel all over the country for work, and Luton is without doubt in the top 3 sh!tholes in the UK. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I had to take an early morning flight from Luton to Istanbul. I decided to treat myself to an over night stay in the easy hotel, so I got there early evening and stepped out of the hotel for some fish and chips only to see three individual fights happening outside food joints. It was like a shit, violent tryptic. I turned around and stayed in my crappy orange plastic pod of a room,  ate a flapjack and cry wanked over Songs of Praise.

And it was the best birthday ever

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

Â