West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I really hope results don’t go their way this afternoon. Really don’t like them or many of their fans. 

No need to worry in the slightest.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think even blose might overtake them.

Seems odd that someone would want to buy blose and not wba as wba are the bigger club out of the two

Seems odd that someone would buy either tbh. 

Especially Blues. Taking my snarky Villa specs off for a sec, it doesn't seem a good investment to take over a club, regardless of league position, with crumbling infrastructure (stadium etc). The money you would have to put in to get that sorted before you even look at the playing side of it, it seems to me would mean you would be pouring money into a big blue hole. 

Edited by HKP90
typo

32 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Simple. Merge the 2.  Greater Birmingham Albion. They then might get half-decent support in the championship.

They could groundshare with Coventry when Waps move to Worcester.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Simple. Merge the 2.  Greater Birmingham Albion. They then might get half-decent support in the championship.

They could groundshare with Coventry when Waps move to Worcester.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

42 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Especially Blues. Taking my snarky Villa specs off for a sec, it doesn't seem a good investment to take over a club, regardless of league position, with crumbling infrastructure (stadium etc). The money you would have to put in to get that sorted before you even look at the playing side of it, it seems to me would mean you would be pouring money into a big blue hole. 

They're still a football club that is in the top tiers of English football. In a region of the country where there's only direct fan competition from one other club, in a massive city with a huge population. 

The potential fan base is huge. 

Admittedly, the work to gain any of those potential fans is also huge.

You'd need to spend a fortune fixing/rebuilding the stadium. Spend a fortune establishing a squad, and hoping not to get relegated or breach financial fair play rules in the mean time. Having a fan on the FA board probably helps with this. And then you're competing for the next generation of fans with an Aston Villa that is looking stronger than it has done for decades.

Baggies potential fan base must be smaller by some margin. And they're similarly up shit creek when it comes to their current financial stability. The challenge is almost the same, the upside is somewhat lower. 

Edited by MrBlack

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They're still a football club that is in the top tiers of English football. In a region of the country where there's only direct fan competition from one other club, in a massive city with a huge population. 

The potential fan base is huge. 

Admittedly, the work to gain any of those potential fans is also huge.

You'd need to spend a fortune fixing/rebuilding the stadium. Spend a fortune establishing a squad, and hoping not to get relegated or breach financial fair play rules in the mean time. Having a fan on the FA board probably helps with this. And then you're competing for the next generation of fans with an Aston Villa that is looking stronger than it has done for decades.

Baggies potential fan base must be smaller by some margin. And they're similarly up shit creek when it comes to their current financial stability. The challenge is almost the same, the upside is somewhat lower. 

While I agree with most of what you say, I would argue about Baggies potential fan base (and I can't believe I'm saying this). 

I'm from the black country, and all my relatives and most of my friends support Albion. My whole family does, really (apart from my Dad, hence I'm a Villan). It's Baggie heartland. It's a much better fit for Yam Yams like me to support Albion, because most from here consider West Brom to be part of the Black Country, unlike Wolverhampton. Most folk I know don't consider Wolverhampton to be part of the black country. 

If Albion can market themselves as 'the team of the black country', they have a population of 1.1M to draw on, which is an excellent potential base. 

Luckily they think small time, and keep looking over their shoulder to the east.  

• Like 2

Â