West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

47 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Personally I would just love it if them and Small Heath went bump. Both sets of fans are absolute weapons. Blues and Albion would wish the same on us, they would probably tug each other off over it as well. 

spacer.png

Just popped over to their forum and read the thread about their latest set of accounts. They really are in trouble and there is some rather interesting loans in and out of the club which would worry me if I was a fan

Without knowing all the ins and outs going on at sandwell towun fc - and appreciating that each club's circumstances to any other's - surely they must see what's been going on at small heath and thought  "well, THEY are still surviving without too many EFL slaps on the wrist AND their effed up ownership set up....so how can it be so bad for us?"

I realise I may have in part answered my own question but apart from selling players in the summer if they don't go up then all they will have to put up with is championship mediocrity ?

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Without knowing all the ins and outs going on at sandwell towun fc - and appreciating that each club's circumstances to any other's - surely they must see what's been going on at small heath and thought  "well, THEY are still surviving without too many EFL slaps on the wrist AND their effed up ownership set up....so how can it be so bad for us?"

I realise I may have in part answered my own question but apart from selling players in the summer if they don't go up then all they will have to put up with is championship mediocrity ?

What I think has happened is that the owners have gone on a mental journey from 'we'll buy this team and try and do well!' to 'oh dear, we got relegated, this wasn't supposed to happen' to 'actually we're quite shit at this aren't we and it's quite a lot of hassle, clearly going bump sooner or later anyway, let's bleed it dry while it's still a going concern'. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suddenly into the top six again on goal difference, with 63 points. Lots of competition right below them on the table, too, but the faint possibility of West Midlands derbies in 2023-24 is (just) there. I'd love to see it. Maybe even worth the flight to Blighty for that.

Albion's 2-0 win at Bloomfield Road was inspired by the double-barrelled exploits of Brandon Thomas-Asante and Taylor Gardner-Hickman, despite the hosts showing plenty of enterprise themselves.

The Baggies' victory - the first time they have won three successive Tuesday games since October 2007 - left Carlos Corberan's men muscling into the final play-off spot, albeit on goal difference.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No thank you. I dont want them and blose coming up thanks.

The problem for albion is that boro look so bloody good.  Who going to beat them in pklay offs unless they get some major injuries?

Luton are absolutely flying at the moment.  Form team in the league and they don't concede many goals at all.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Still think boro have the better sode out if the two. 

Maybe, they ship goals though.  They've conceded more (10) than anyone in the league bar Cardiff (21st), Blackpool (23rd) and QPR (20th) over the last 6 games, but have also scored more than anyone (15).  They're basically a Kevin Keegan side.  Luton have done the opposite - they've conceded twice in 6 games, but only scored 9.

Last game of the season is Luton vs Boro which will be interesting.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Maybe, they ship goals though.  They've conceded more (10) than anyone in the league bar Cardiff (21st), Blackpool (23rd) and QPR (20th) over the last 6 games, but have also scored more than anyone (15).  They're basically a Kevin Keegan side.  Luton have done the opposite - they've conceded twice in 6 games, but only scored 9.

Last game of the season is Luton vs Boro which will be interesting.

Wow really. Shame ita mot meaningful as 3rd or 4th doesnt really matter. If it was 2nd vs 3rd that would be epic

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Luton are absolutely flying at the moment.  Form team in the league and they don't concede many goals at all.

I think a Nakamba screamer to beat West Brom in the play off final would be even better than an Archer hat trick.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

The absolute dream would be the Villa kids breaking Baggies hearts in the Play-off Final. Scenes. 

I would prefer them not to get into the play-off's at all, or at least to get knocked out before having a Wembley day out myself. I can't see them getting there really. They have the following games left (which I doubt they will get too many points from):

Sunderland (a), Sheffield United (a), Norwich (h) & Swansea (a).

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No thank you. I dont want them and blose coming up thanks.

The problem for albion is that boro look so bloody good.  Who going to beat them in pklay offs unless they get some major injuries?

2 hours ago, John said:

I would prefer them not to get into the play-off's at all, or at least to get knocked out before having a Wembley day out myself. I can't see them getting there really. They have the following games left (which I doubt they will get too many points from):

Sunderland (a), Sheffield United (a), Norwich (h) & Swansea (a).

But isn't clever, funny, insult-laden protesting actually just part of the obligatory process of embracing this ancient, storied, mythic rivalry?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

But isn't clever, funny, insult-laden protesting actually just part of the obligatory process of embracing this ancient, storied, mythic rivalry?

No. 

They are boring. 

Their kit is boring. 

Their fans are boring. 

And massive words removed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No. 

They are boring. 

Their kit is boring. 

Their fans are boring. 

And massive words removed. 

OK. But surely you would agree that the Hawthorns isn't boring, right? And you're not against throstles, are you? Good God. You are? No, no, no! for the love of all that is sacred in this world and the next, you do have a soft spot in your stout Villan heart for the poor throstle, right? Say it! Say it! You don't mind the throstle.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

OK. But surely you would agree that the Hawthorns isn't boring, right? And you're not against throstles, are you? Good God. You are? No, no, no! for the love of all that is sacred in this world and the next, you do have a soft spot in your stout Villan heart for the poor throstle, right? Say it! Say it! You don't mind the throstle.

spacer.png

The Hawthorns is surely the most boring of stadiums?

Even the fact its the highest stadium in Britain doesn't add any shine to the dreary tip. 

• Like 2

Â