West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

There was a rumour that in January they offered West Ham the chance to sign Diangana back for fee that they sold him for. Not sure what happened there, looked a very good player in the championship, and for the first three or four games of this season.

Edited by useless

Struggling at PL level like alot of youngsters do. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

There was a rumour that in January they offered West Ham the chance to sign Diagne back for fee that they sold him for. Not sure what happened there, looked a very good player in the championship, and for the first three or four games of this season.

Anyone surprised fat sam vs fistface end s 0-0?

8 hours ago, useless said:

There was a rumour that in January they offered West Ham the chance to sign Diagne back for fee that they sold him for. Not sure what happened there, looked a very good player in the championship, and for the first three or four games of this season.

Diagne and Diangana are different players.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I know that, one is a winger and the other is striker. Diagne has looked quite dangerous, but not scoring his chances.

What the original poster meant was Diangana was the West Ham player, not Diagne as you had obviously  unmistakably stated.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/03/2021 at 23:23, useless said:

Eight points from safety, I wouldn't rule them out just yet, teams have come back from worse positions, and Newcastle, Fulham and Brighton all have difficult run-ins.

I stuck £5 @ 17/1 for olbeeyun to stay up. I dont want to win the bet but it eases the irritation if they do escape.

Just.

• 3 weeks later...

Big Sam complaining that we played Wednesday and they played Thursday. Didn't seem to help them when they had two extra days rest before we thumped them in December. Muppet.

• Like 1

Bit like Fulham really, that team would stay up if they had them all in September. The 5-6 week turnaround really messed up them and Fulham, we were moaning about the short time between winning the play offs and starting the season and that's at least 10 weeks.

Albion and Fulham will probably come straight back up again. Seems standard now for at least 2  relegated sites returning at the first attempt. I am so bored of the same pokey teams bouncing between the divisions.  Huge advantage with the parachute payments. It would be much more refreshing to see teams like Barnsley or Brentford having a crack.

Depends who they sign and manages them.

Last time they went down they got in likes of Gayle and Harvey Barnes on loan (although they didn't come up of course that year). Can't see Maitland Niles wanting to play championship, he'll have prem offers. Same for the Turkish guy and Pereira will go.

Front lot of Calum Robinson, Karlan Grant and Diangana will be good though so then it's just about getting some decent midfielders in to replace the ones leaving (or even just going back to playing Livermore and Romaine Sawyers as that's more their level).

Feels like a good job for Chris Wilder to come back into as that should be another promotion on his CV.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Depends who they sign and manages them.

Last time they went down they got in likes of Gayle and Harvey Barnes on loan (although they didn't come up of course that year). Can't see Maitland Niles wanting to play championship, he'll have prem offers. Same for the Turkish guy and Pereira will go.

Front lot of Calum Robinson, Karlan Grant and Diangana will be good though so then it's just about getting some decent midfielders in to replace the ones leaving (or even just going back to playing Livermore and Romaine Sawyers as that's more their level).

Feels like a good job for Chris Wilder to come back into as that should be another promotion on his CV.

Yeah i could see wilder taking that

I wouldn't be so sure that they will come straight back up, take away their loan players Diagne, Gallagher, Yokuslu, and Maitland-Niles and add the likely departure Pereira and maybe a few others, and there's not much left.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't be so sure that they will come straight back up, take away their loan players Diagne, Gallagher, Yokuslu, and Maitland-Niles and add the likely departure Pereira and maybe a few others, and there's not much left.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886prd4mml1bjxg0yaphh

😁

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, useless said:

in fairness I think Bilic would bring them back, sacking him for Sam was a shocking decision. They need to hire a manager with a long term plan

• Like 2

Â