West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

13 hours ago, leighavfc said:

IIs it me or has Pulis got no respect whatsoever? 

He's just a boring word removed, like his club and their pathetic fans.

• Like 1

So Brom have appointed Gary Megson as assistant.

Every fiber in me really want them to fail now.

Wonder what the odds of own goals being their top scorer is this season?

I'd forgotten Megson even existed but he is a legend to WBA fans (probably will get more respect than Pulis). Took over in 2000 when they were about to be relegated to the 2nd division, kept them up on the last day and two years later got them up into the prem for first time in 20 years. He pretty much saved them and provided the base for them to initially be a yo yo prem club from which they've built up to now be established.

Him and Pulis are best mates aswell, I remember just before he got the Bolton job he was actually briefly at Stoke helping out.

Don't mind him too much as I always fondly remembering him as Bolton manager coming to VP and bizarrely parking his defence on the half way line against Gabby and Young. We won 4-0, 5-1 and 4-2 in his three VP visits as Bolton manager. :lol:

His record outside the premier league is actually very good, plenty of promotions and good jobs at clubs.

Certainly not as good at prem level as Pulis or Big Sam but he did decent at Bolton, took them over when they were getting relegated after Sammy Lee's disastrous reign and they went down after he was sacked.

Taking Zat off our hands for 5m is another plus point. ;)

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

His record outside the premier league is actually very good, plenty of promotions and good jobs at clubs.

Certainly not as good at prem level as Pulis or Big Sam but he did decent at Bolton, took them over when they were getting relegated after Sammy Lee's disastrous reign and they went down after he was sacked.

Taking Zat off our hands for 5m is another plus point. ;)

For a moment I thought you were talking about Zatman ;). On the downside didn't he also take Gary Cahill off our hands or was that another manager? 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

For a moment I thought you were talking about Zatman ;). On the downside didn't he also take Gary Cahill off our hands or was that another manager? 

come on. I can do better than Gary Megson. Arsenal Fan TV wants me blud  ;)

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Is your username inspired by Zat Knight?  Your all time Villa hero?  :D

who needs Laursen, Mellberg,  God, Terry when you had the great Zat Knight ;)

though off topic he did a lot better than some "defenders" we signed in recent years

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Zat Knight did a good job for us. 

They were all lucky they had Laursen next to them to lead and organise things. As soon as he got injured in January 2009 we massively got found out the rest of the season at the back whenever we faced anyone decent. 5-0 at Liverpool for example.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Zatman said:

2 wins from 2 with average of 30% possession :lol:

good start, looks like the players want go on holiday before Christmas this season

Yes, I won't be worried. The second it looks like they may have a chance of finishing in the top places and qualifying for Europe, Pulis will have them drop like a stone. We will have none of that travelling malarky, going to them foreign places and having to eat that foreign muck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

relevant to who? 

As in they have no one to compete with in their local area so therefore they are irrelevant for anyone in the league I feel. This era must be one of the weakest for midlands football. Be great if we went up with Wolves or Nottingham Forest this season 

• Like 1

Â