January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

If Stoke really want Bent, I can imagine they would pay 10-12 million for him, which we would have to snap their hand off for. The fee and the wages would allow us to get at least two players in if we really want to. If that move is made and Warnock goes to Leeds, that would be at least 100k off the wage bill, which is plenty to work with. All hypothetical though and knowing how we have dithered so far, we probably will do sweet f' all. 

Bent for 8 Mil and Adam is good business.

Sign a DM with the 8 Million to partner Adam. Sorted. I hope he has back up options..... 2 days left.

Edited by KSV

Bent for 8 Mil and Adam is good business.

Sign a DM with the 8 Million to partner Adam. Sorted. I hope he has back up options..... 2 days left.

given that they only just signed adam, they'd hardly want rid of him already would they? how's he been doing there?

Agree it's too late now..

6 wins & a couple of draws we need & we have already had the "easy fixtures"... We lost... All of them at home too.

Now our only real chance of points are

Reading (a) Qpr (h) Stoke (a) Wigan (a) Norwich (a) Fulham (h) Sunderland (h) West Ham (h)

By my reckoning we now need 6 wins & 2 draws from those games to hit 40 points & frankly... Not a cat in hells chance! We have won what 4 games in a year or something? Now we are supposed to suddenly win 6 draw 2 & lose 6 from 14?

All the other games are 90% certainty losses against the likes of City, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool etc.

May be the odd Liverpool result here and there. 1-0 against ManC City.

Normally i'd agree with that but for me this lot are now completely shot. Thinking about it, right from the Everton home defeat right at the start of the season their players were saying they were really worried by how poor we were & nothing has really changed apart from a freak result at Anfield & a few cup wins against weakened teams in the main.,, We are simply not improving & that is really worrying.