January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Don't think we'll need 40 points this season. 4 wins and 4 draws might do it - that does of course still mean being unbeaten in those 8 "easy" games.

I agree maybe 16 more points could be enough.

We need a piece of luck - like a shot going in off the post instead of back off it - to kick-start our season

"Newcastle have gone down a very different path, and in

Moussa Sissoko appear to have the ace in the pack. One of five French players

that Newcastle have brought in this month for a combined total of £18m, Sissoko

marked his debut with a performance that suggests Graham Carr, the club's

highly regarded chief scout, has recruited another star in the making from

Ligue 1."

Taken from the guardian blog this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/30/aston-villa-newcastle-united-paul-lambert

And there my friends is the difference, how much did Lambert spend in the summer again?

Behave! - Sissoko's wages take his total cost to around £20m over four years.

Lambert enquired and would have loved to sign him

Plenty to criticise Lambert for, try and choose something that he's actually done wrong instead of things out of his control

Edited by VillaCas

Plenty to criticise Lambert for, try and choose something that he's actually done wrong instead of things out of his control

He might have been the difference between us going down and staying up, and the TV revenue would have covered his wages.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Maybe instead of signing KEA and Bennett he could have got one good DM player.

No doubt he had to work under restrictions but he made some poor decisions in the summer.

He might have been the difference between us going down and staying up, and the TV revenue would have covered his wages.

Might being the key word, something Lerner is clearly not willing to gamble on. He doesn't want another Warnock, Hutton or Ireland on big wages doing **** all, it sets us back to square one of trying to sort it out.

Its easy to say in hindsight as with Ireland a few people wanted him, now bloody useless!

"Newcastle have gone down a very different path, and in

Moussa Sissoko appear to have the ace in the pack. One of five French players

that Newcastle have brought in this month for a combined total of £18m, Sissoko

marked his debut with a performance that suggests Graham Carr, the club's

highly regarded chief scout, has recruited another star in the making from

Ligue 1."

Taken from the guardian blog this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/30/aston-villa-newcastle-united-paul-lambert

And there my friends is the difference, how much did Lambert spend in the summer again?

I'm not really sure about all the excellent scouting, star in the making rubbish. Sissoko has been around a while and certainly wasn't an unknown player plucked from obscurity. 

Yeah because buying overpriced British players worked so well for us.

French or not, some of their new lads look good. Henry was French, so was Zidane, half of Arsenal's title winning side was French.

I'd rather support Aston Villa, but I couldn't care less about about the nationality of the players!

"I'd rather support Aston Villa"  "Henry" "Zidane"       Yeah mate, sounds like it....

Feel free to go and support Man City ;) 

No doubt he had to work under restrictions but he made some poor decisions in the summer.

Hindsight is wonderful

I think he thought KEA would do a job - so far he hasn't. Not all signings work out

I doubt all of Lamberts signings combined are earning what Sissoko is earning

I get that you don't like Lambert but I think the success of the summer signings or not is about much more than "poor decisions"

Of course we're just 1/2 players short of getting it together......we can all see that.

Our problem is that we should have addressed it earlier, before we started racking up all these embarrassing defeats. Now, we're in increasing danger of becoming the pariahs of the Premier League, to be avoided signing for at all costs. We have relegation written all over us and nobody will want to get on that particular bus.

Admittedly, Lambert called it wrong last night, but overall we have Lerner to thank for this predicament.

Well when we do drop into the Championship we're going to have another year of not being able to buy anyone 'cos we need to cut costs again. 

So the summer will be fun. 

My biggest problem with the impending relegation is revenue will fall ten fold, then what do they anticipate the revenue to wages ratio at?

Einstein and ermmmmmm...   which football club was it that you said you manage again? 

Lambert gambled on bringing in KEA in, and it hasn't paid of. We desperately need a defensive midfielder, its one of the most important areas of the pitch, its where the entire game can be controlled. There is no guarantee that any other player would have done better than KEA. But we missed out on Diame, when he was going on a free.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Well if Mirror is to be belived Stoke want Bent but to get him have to sell Crouch so by selling them Bent we strengthen QPR in a round about way..great.

Still if Warnock /Hutton and Bent go with no replacements then we really are more of a shambles than any of us could of thought

QPR have made a bid for Chris Samba. The sort of experienced Premier League CB that we could do with alongside Vlaar.

Just want the window to close now, then we can focus on going down.

This will be the final nail... I can't cope with anymore depressing news FFS!