January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I really do think 1/2 additions would make all the difference. The bottom half of the league is so close and one win can move you up quite a bit. I think, or would like to hope, that Lambert has finally woken up to the 442 being the way forward and if in the next two days we can bring in a midfielder and defender, results will come.

Is everyone's head up their arses here seriously I'm not been funny but people are still believing this miracle will happen that well win 6 more games. We've been dire all season we were dire most of last season we shipped out professionals in summer and brought in the worst replacements ever, we shipped out 2 experienced players in this window and we ain't getting any replacements none , we have a manager who can't pick our best team who can't teach the defenders how to defend despite playing 5 of them every game, a chairman who doesn't care and keeps stripping the club assets back time and time again and you think we can some how through all that win 6 games. You will all be better off coming to terms with it right now that we're down and there's no one coming to save us and next year it WILL get worse we won't be back in the prem league for years to come

I also think 1 or 2 signings would make the difference.

I don't think it would turn us into a good side or anything. But I think it would give us the ability to scrape survival.

No signings=relegation.

Bent for 8 Mil and Adam is good business.

Sign a DM with the 8 Million to partner Adam. Sorted. I hope he has back up options..... 2 days left.

Yeah thats what we need, another Scott at the place.  2 Managers and Hutton and Bannan were enough to do me a life time.

Whoever we sign now will have to be prepared to stay with us in the Championship next year, or there's no point.

Someone like Dale Stephens perhaps, but I wouldn't expect us to be signing any established Premier League players.

Whoever we sign now will have to be prepared to stay with us in the Championship next year, or there's no point.

Someone like Dale Stephens perhaps, but I wouldn't expect us to be signing any established Premier League players.

We can definitely sign established players. But only if the wages are high enough and we put a clause in their contract that they can leave when we get relegated.

We can definitely sign established players. But only if the wages are high enough and we put a clause in their contract that they can leave when we get relegated.

Nah, can't see it myself.

Let's be honest, there's a very good chance we'll be going down. A much higher probability now than there was on January the 1st. We weren't prepared to sign any players then because of financial constraints, and we most certainly won't be signing any decent players on Premiership wages now, because they'll just add to the financial headache at the end of the season. 

Lerner is trying to get rid of players on high wages, now you might argue that we should still expect to be able to sign players for £40k a week; but those kinds of wages aren't sustainable in the Championship.

Lerner is not going to spend to get us out of this, that much is clear. 

Well when we do drop into the Championship we're going to have another year of not being able to buy anyone 'cos we need to cut costs again. 

So the summer will be fun. 

Edited by PieFacE

He loves a good cross though.

Here is what PL said last night

'"There will be a few teams down there and we will have to fight our way out of it. Money dictates everything and the situation hasn't changed. I don't know if we will be able to bring anyone in, let's see what the next two days brings. You have to survive in the league and sometimes you need a bit of help."

"Newcastle have gone down a very different path, and in
Moussa Sissoko appear to have the ace in the pack. One of five French players
that Newcastle have brought in this month for a combined total of £18m, Sissoko
marked his debut with a performance that suggests Graham Carr, the club's
highly regarded chief scout, has recruited another star in the making from
Ligue 1."

Taken from the guardian blog this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/30/aston-villa-newcastle-united-paul-lambert

And there my friends is the difference, how much did Lambert spend in the summer again?

"Newcastle have gone down a very different path, and in

Moussa Sissoko appear to have the ace in the pack. One of five French players

that Newcastle have brought in this month for a combined total of £18m, Sissoko

marked his debut with a performance that suggests Graham Carr, the club's

highly regarded chief scout, has recruited another star in the making from

Ligue 1."

Taken from the guardian blog this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/30/aston-villa-newcastle-united-paul-lambert

And there my friends is the difference, how much did Lambert spend in the summer again?

I'd rather support Villa & get relegated, than support France. 

I'd rather support Villa & get relegated, than support France.

Yeah because buying overpriced British players worked so well for us.

French or not, some of their new lads look good. Henry was French, so was Zidane, half of Arsenal's title winning side was French.

I'd rather support Aston Villa, but I couldn't care less about about the nationality of the players!