January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Its too late to bring anyone in now to make a difference

We have had the entire **** window to bring in players who could have made the difference and got us points against the likes of Wigan and Southampton games WE HAD TO WIN

We may as well not sign anybody it will be nothing more than the equivalent of shuffling the deck chairs around on the titanic

Were going down and 1 - 2 players of insufficient quality will not change that

Edited by AshVilla

I really am sick to death of talking about wages to trolls.

Why can't people just put 2 and 2 together. 

I M Happy to admit I can't put 2+2 together. Or more precisely why spending £10-£15m on players (and wages) to land a £70m windfall doesn't make sense  - please enlighten   (cc QPR, and Newcastle in your reply cos they haven't grasped it either)   

(Sick and tired with 129 posts LOL)

Edited by smetrov

Too late now whatever happens, concerning transfers. We've lost too many key home games against rivals and need roughly 18 points from 14 games, having only played Spurs as a top team, twice. It's over people. 

Edited by nobler

Too late now whatever happens, concerning transfers. We've lost too many key home games against rivals and need roughly 18 points from 14 games, having only played Spurs as a top team, twice. It's over people. 

5 of those 14 games are against the really good teams in the division we can forget about getting any points from those

That leaves us with 9 games to pick up maximum points from

Not going to happen

I'll be surprised if we don't bring at least one or two in not star names but ex Premier League players on low wages or a few loans. It would be rather daft not too. Then again daft and Learner go hand in hand it seems, this is a man who thought employing Alex Mcleish would be a good idea. I'm not usually one to shout down Randy has he spent loads of cash on this club but goodness me what a mess he's made of it. 

Too late now whatever happens, concerning transfers.

Im not to sure it is.

Even at this late stage, the manager will have an idea on whom he can get. I guess it just takes a phone call from the owner to put things in motion. Whether it will now be enough is another thing.

If Lerner does not make that call after seeing us in the bottom three and empty seats, then he really does not care, and he will be off soon.

Im not to sure it is.

Even at this late stage, the manager will have an idea on whom he can get. I guess it just takes a phone call from the owner to put things in motion. Whether it will now be enough is another thing.

If Lerner does not make that call after seeing us in the bottom three and empty seats, then he really does not care, and he will be off soon.

Sorry, I meant too late to make a difference considering the key games we've already lost and the fixtures that we have left. I don't think even one or two more experienced heads can get us the points we need. We needed players in at the start of January, we've lost so many crucial points. 

• Like 1

Honestly think lambert does have money to spend to an extent...but he is **** clueless what to do with it and is clueless in identifying any players we can bring in. Huddlestone was the only player i could realistically see from the premiership who could have done a job and would have came to us, but we left it to bloody late and now sandro is out he aint going anywhere.

Graham dorrans is the only other available player but he is shite. Surely our scouts would have identified someone from abroad?! What they hell have they been doing?!

I cant stand that word removed lambert with his dour interviews and clueless tactics but to be fair the players he brought in have been okay. Benteke, westwood, vlaar, howton have been good signings when you factor in there low cost. Just think he is now clueless regarding any more targets.

Dont believe for a second lerner hasnt given him money to spend in jan

Edited by donnie

Bent to Stoke makes sense. They've tried to sign him in the past when he was at Spurs but he went Sunderland. Also looks like Crouch is off. Bent probably work at Stoke, they have the big men to win the ball and I guess they think he'll bury all the scraps and knock downs. We'd probably get the best fee off Stoke too. Didn't they sign Crouch for £10/£11m at the age of 30? Only sell though if it's reinvested straight away, no point if not.

Bent is useless and pointless under Lambert, so may as well go.

WTF has Henke done?

Edited by VillaRoy