January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I too think your list is ridiculous, 90% would not come here for different reasons. And for Welbeck, he just started the game against Liverpool at home. Ferguson wants to have 4 strikers in his squad, so it makes absolutely no sense to send out an England-international on loan. Iker Muniain has startet 15 games this season, and the reason why he isn't of high regard in the media is probably because he isn't playing very well, so why would we want him. Callejon is a favourite of Mourinho, and besides, would you rather play a bit for Real Madrid or start for Aston Villa, in Birmingham? Pretty sure I know what Callejon feels about that. When we were in the same situation last season we loaned Robbie Keane, that is where our level is.

Im talking about loaning players, (hence why i put "possible loans") you make it sound like im suggest we buy them with no funds, If we enquired about all of those players to loan, then one of those clubs is bound to say "yes" considering we can offer there players some experience of playing in the toughest league of the world. (if you don't ask then you don't get)

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

isnt there 1 team (hinckley?) who have less goals than us in 7 divisions worth of football? its not a priority but its not right either

It is unimaginably simplistic to assume no goals=bad attacking options. Just like it is simplistic to assume letting in a lot of goals=bad defensive options.

Our problem is and has been since Milner left the midfield. That gets sorted and we will see improvements on both ends.

we looked so much better with Vlaar in the side but it wasn't enough as our luck and injuries is still a big problem.

If Delph is injured and he is the only player who seems capable of tackling and passing forward - then who do we bring on? Bannan? Please god no. Westwood is tidy but he is never going to really stamp his authority on any match.

Dunne might help the defence a little on his return, but there is no-one that can patch up our wafer thin midfield.

It is looking more & more as though our survival depends on us finding that defensive midfielder. Worrying thing is it also looks as though one may not be coming...How long is left of the window now? 10 days? Also with Baker now injured we really do need that new CB.. What state would we be in if Clark got injured now? Or Vlaar?

Dale Stephens scored today...guess Faulkner let him out of his cellar for a few hours

Screamer of a goal today from him, sign him up, better than Bannan and KEA. Will only cost about 2-3m hardly a marquee signing like Bent etc

It is unimaginably simplistic to assume no goals=bad attacking options. Just like it is simplistic to assume letting in a lot of goals=bad defensive options.

Our problem is and has been since Milner left the midfield. That gets sorted and we will see improvements on both ends.

This. I think we have better attacking options than quite a few teams in the PL. They just have no service at all and therefore people like Benteke have to do it all themselves, whereas Bent can't do anything unless it is provided to him. Sort out the midfield, get a new and experienced LB, learn to defend set pieces and then we stay in the league

A new quality midfielder is so, so important to the team. I'd go as far as to say a new midfielder of quality would be just as important to us as Bent was when we forked out the £18-£24m on him 2 years ago. We've not had a real quality midfielder since Milner. So in my opinion, we should push the boat out in order to get a bloody good one of up to £10-£12m. Will that happen though? Probably not. We'll probably buy 2/3 average players instead at best because they won't want the big wages.

Lambert needs to be backed. Look what he did with 20m. Benteke alone is probably worth that now. Westwood, Vlaar and Lowton all for under 10m.

If he isn't backed now, and we go down, you can kiss goodbye to the likes of Benteke and Vlaar. Lerner needs to pump money in because I don't like the way Reading, QPR and Southampton all seem to be picking up random points in different places.

We need a big strong Defensive midfielder so badly. We also need some teams to come in and try and buy the dross we have on high wages.

• Like 2

we dont just need a DM, we also NEED and LCD and a LB, our weakest side is our left side

as metioned, our attack line isnt too bad with benteke, bent, gabby and weimann, most other teams would want that, and with nzogbia, holman, albrighton and gardner who are all capable of being goal scoring midfielders, were not too bad

but defending is our weakness, we went 2-0 up yesderday, why didnt we hold it or even seal it with a 3rd?

Put Clark at defending mid and sign a player like Rosicky and we have a good team. Clark is actually a decent defending mid. Have a pairing of Clark-Westwood with an attacking mid in front of him and I think we will be creating chances but also stopping them.

It is looking more & more as though our survival depends on us finding that defensive midfielder. Worrying thing is it also looks as though one may not be coming...How long is left of the window now? 10 days? Also with Baker now injured we really do need that new CB.. What state would we be in if Clark got injured now? Or Vlaar?

Vlaar has always been injury prone. I cannot see him getting to the end of this season without missing games through injury. He is going to be worked a lot playing in a back three like that as well. Going until the end of the season without a new CB is a big gamble by Lerner.