January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

they might be on high wages but they need playing, if he cant buy new then he needs to play who will keep us up

benteke needs a rest anyway and only be bit part super sub, lowton is still young as well, and as for LB, well, warnock is still probably the best out of the 3 of them

hutton - vlaar - dunne - warnock, may be just what we need to reduce our goal conceding, with bent having more involvement

other than that, the club need to be stricter with makoun as well, tell him to sort himself out, and get back here, or no more wages for the remainder of his contract, surely the club has rights as well?

[Hutton must never play for the 1st team again]

Where do we go from here then..

If we aren't signing anyone in this window (which is ridiculous in itself) what is the plan then?

Try and avoid relegation.. Is that what people expected from Lambert when he came in? (before people say i'm totally blaming him i'm not)

When Lambert came in I expected we would be well away from the relegation part of the table (not top 10 or anything) yet we found ourselves right in it.

So when the summer comes what happens then? if we are relegated what do we do then?

I'm not totally sure what the plan is here.

Are we looking to go in the championship because Randy doesn't want to fork out PL wages?

Is there even a plan?

Also Lambert keeps on saying the chairman has been good to him.. in what way exactly? big wages for himself? it certainly can't be the finances side of the stuff for the team so in what way?

Far too many unanswered questions with the club as a whole.

If we aren't signing anyone in this window (which is ridiculous in itself) what is the plan then?

Try and avoid relegation.. Is that what people expected from Lambert when he came in? (before people say i'm totally blaming him i'm not)

When Lambert came in I expected we would be well away from the relegation part of the table (not top 10 or anything) yet we found ourselves right in it.

So when the summer comes what happens then? if we are relegated what do we do then?

Are we looking to go in the championship because Randy doesn't want to fork out PL wages?

Is there even a plan?

Also Lambert keeps on saying the chairman has been good to him.. in what way exactly? big wages for himself? it certainly can't be the finances side of the stuff for the team so in what way?

I wonder if Lerner has guaranteed his his job even if we are relegated - personally 2 defeats in the next 2 games and I think he will go.

Is there even a plan?

It means we are a joke at the moment. The fans have been completely left out of everything that is going on. There has been no positive planning coming out of the club to indicate to us what the **** we are going to do about the little situation we find ourselves in right now.

If we lose today, then my acceptance of us going into the championship will be confirmed.

However... In terms of the plan, quite clearly it is to just build for the future. Get rid of the high earners, older players etc and just keep building. Hopefully once they get some games together, they will start to push on and as we go up the league/s, perhaps the wages will start to move up to as a sort of natural progression.

However... In terms of the plan, quite clearly it is to just build for the future. Get rid of the high earners, older players etc and just keep building. Hopefully once they get some games together, they will start to push on and as we go up the league/s, perhaps the wages will start to move up to as a sort of natural progression.

The new players coming in just aren't good enough.

So it begs the question building for the future in this league or the championship?

The new players coming in just aren't good enough.

So it begs the question building for the future in this league or the championship?

I would say just Bennett and maybe KEA (though not seen that much of him) but everyone else has been ok.

Unfortunately that is something we still need to figure out. I would imagine should we go down we will say bye to everyone that we would expect to leave. However most the players we brought in the summer will stay and get us back up. Maybe then can we push on?

It means we are a joke at the moment. The fans have been completely left out of everything that is going on. There has been no positive planning coming out of the club to indicate to us what the **** we are going to do about the little situation we find ourselves in right now.

If we lose today, then my acceptance of us going into the championship will be confirmed.

We haven't pushed on have we. We have actually regressed.

I wish people would also get away from the idea that the team still needs more games to improve.

Collectively the team simply isn't good enough and progression will only come from investment and the right choice of player built around a system that suits them.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

tbh, i dont see why we have to sell anyone decent, because 'theyre bigger than the club'? theyre the players who got us relegated so they can stay, take a temperary paycut and get u back up

We haven't pushed on have we. We have actually regressed.

We haven't done the rest of what I put yet!! There was a whole sentence there, you've just picked at the final part....

"Get rid of the high earners, older players etc and just keep building. Hopefully once they get some games together, they will start to push on"

I have also indicated there might be a relegation involved somewhere first as well...

tbh, i dont see why we have to sell anyone decent, because 'theyre bigger than the club'? theyre the players who got us relegated so they can stay, take a temperary paycut and get u back up

But as their contracts do not include a relegation clause (thanks to Bents agent leaking that 2 weeks ago) then they will stay on the same wages and our absent/missing/clueless owner will just off load until we are in Div 2

So there's no positive planning, you're being kept in the dark yet there clearly is a plan and it sounds reasonably positive?

So there's no positive planning, you're being kept in the dark yet there clearly is a plan and it sounds reasonably positive?

You might need to re read it to understand... ?

But, for ease I will break I down... There is no planning or indication as to how we are going to get out of this situation we are in RIGHT NOW. As in, being in the relegation zone.

For the future, it is clear what is happening.....

Admittedly I could have added those words in first time round

Edited by Tayls

PL himself has said he wants/wanted to strengthen, so if we don't make any signings then its clearly not PL's choice and he cannot be blamed for it. Either Faulkner or Lerner will have to speak up then (either literally with words, or with actions I.E. sacking PL) because not backing PL either shows a lack of faith in him or a clear disregard to the footballing stature of our club in favour of cleaning up the financial mess that Lerner himself has created in the last few years.

• Like 1

PL himself has said he wants/wanted to strengthen, so if we don't make any signings then its clearly not PL's choice and he cannot be blamed for it. Either Faulkner or Lerner will have to speak up then (either literally with words, or with actions I.E. sacking PL) because not backing PL either shows a lack of faith in him or a clear disregard to

the footballing stature of our club in favour of cleaning up the financial mess that Lerner himself has created in the last few year.

But Lambert has done nothing with what his got. Yeah his bought some good players, but we are worst then we were before. He needs to up his game. I believe he is a good manager, but I think with the Villa he may have taken on a little more he can handle. He looks under serious pressure and its rubbing off on the players.

You might need to re read it to understand... ?

But, for ease I will break I down... There is no planning or indication as to how we are going to get out of this situation we are in RIGHT NOW. As in, being in the relegation zone.

For the future, it is clear what is happening.....

Admittedly I could have added those words in first time round

So rather than me re reading it you could have worded it better?

The plan right now is that there is no short term plan. We keep going with the long term plan and que sera.

So rather than me re reading it you could have worded it better?

The plan right now is that there is no short term plan. We keep going with the long term plan and que sera.

I think its quite leap of faith to assume there is any sort of plan.