January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Well said. Warnock was never as bad as some made out him to be last season.

He was given a chance in pre-season and he was woeful.

I was at the Forest game when he 'played' for 45 minutes and I can honestly say it was one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen from a professional football. It really was that bad, on 3 occasions the ball rolled under his foot and out of play and he was taken off at half time.

He never got another chance under Lambert who had seemingly seen enough, I don't think he will get another chance.

Any talk of Warnock is a waste of time really as he isn't going to get another look in. If he was to play agian I'd put him in midfield. He was man of the match agianst Bolton in centre mid at back end of last season and also did very well away at Liverpool and on a number of oocasions when he played for Blackburn. It is not going to happen though.

Any talk of Warnock is a waste of time really as he isn't going to get another look in. If he was to play agian I'd put him in midfield. He was man of the match agianst Bolton in centre mid at back end of last season and also did very well away at Liverpool and on a number of oocasions when he played for Blackburn. It is not going to happen though.

Actually, you know what, that's a very good shout. He could well be a completely unexpected solution to the midfield bite issue.

Tactics play a part but so do the players.

We've looked absolutely shambolic at the back this year.

But we looked shambolic at the back last year too, all that kept it respectable was the fact that we played with 9 effective defenders for most matches.

As I've alluded to before, I think we underestimated McLeish tbh. He saw how bad we were and built an approach around keeping it as tight as possible and hopefully getting the odd win here and there. As bad as it was at the time, it worked, and the more time goes on I think the more begrudging credit I'm willing to give to him for it. Stupid, stupid appointment, but he did what was necessary

But we looked shambolic at the back last year too, all that kept it respectable was the fact that we played with 9 effective defenders for most matches.

As I've alluded to before, I think we underestimated McLeish tbh. He saw how bad we were and built an approach around keeping it as tight as possible and hopefully getting the odd win here and there. As bad as it was at the time, it worked, and the more time goes on I think the more begrudging credit I'm willing to give to him for it. Stupid, stupid appointment, but he did what was necessary

We underestimated McLeish???!?!?

He was given a chance in pre-season and he was woeful.

I was at the Forest game when he 'played' for 45 minutes and I can honestly say it was one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen from a professional football. It really was that bad, on 3 occasions the ball rolled under his foot and out of play and he was taken off at half time.

He never got another chance under Lambert who had seemingly seen enough, I don't think he will get another chance.

Wow, he must be bad then!

Good job the rest of the squad isn't judged on such a short duration of football otherwise we wouldn't be able to fulfill our fixture list as every one of them has **** up at some point.

Wow, he must be bad then!

Good job the rest of the squad isn't judged on such a short duration of football otherwise we wouldn't be able to fulfill our fixture list as every one of them has **** up at some point.

I didn't say I agreed with it just stating what happened and what has seemingly happened since.

Apparently he was if you choose to believe the ITK on players abilities.

Well, I have no idea if the attitude reports are true.

But I remember his many attempts at making an own goal, before succeeding spectactularly with the wildest own goal i have seen from an Aston Villa player. I also remember his match against Swansea and a couple of other disastrous incidents, where he was so slow in the tackle that he was lucky to escape with a yellow card.

Taking on board that we have no money to spend, what we need is a Dave Mackay type signing. For younger readers, he was the player Cloughie brought to Derby. So we basically want someone a bit knackered, old, damaged goods but has got a canny mind and can cajole the younger players.

Ah, Dave Mackay...

article-1241178-0007DBD700000258-200_468x286.jpg

I didn't say I agreed with it just stating what happened and what has seemingly happened since.

I tend to agree with an earlier poster and I would give Warnock a run out in central midfield. He has to be better than Delph and Bannan who would be lucky to be a substitute in a Championship team.

Well, I have no idea if the attitude reports are true.

But I remember his many attempts at making an own goal, before succeeding spectactularly with the wildest own goal i have seen from an Aston Villa player. I also remember his match against Swansea and a couple of other disastrous incidents, where he was so slow in the tackle that he was lucky to escape with a yellow card.

Yep, spot on. The team as a whole (not to mention the manager) was the reason why we were in a relegation fight last season but if I had to single out an individual as being most to blame it would be him (along with Hutton). They were both horrendous.

I tend to agree with an earlier poster and I would give Warnock a run out in central midfield. He has to be better than Delph and Bannan who would be lucky to be a substitute in a Championship team.

Thats laughable, Delph in the last few games has improved greatly.

I think Warnock has developed that ability of improving in his absence. He is absolute dog shit and to say he's better than Delph and even Bannan is ludicrous.

I mean proper dog shit as well, not that fickle fan dog shit like Zog and Gabby have become recently.

I have actually changes my mind about Delph after the latest matches. I now think we should keep him in the squad for the rest of the season, as he has improved.

Bannan should be sold, though.

I would'nt trust Warnock tbh.

I got to the stage last year where i thought Warnock and Dunne were purposely playing shite to get us relegated, that og was an absolute disgrace, and as for his performance against Swansea.

Shame really, because when he 1st came i really liked him, not sure what happened but he completely lost his timing, and consequently his effectiveness.Could'nt attack either.