Ashley Young

maqroll

Think it's the right call.

Great servant and did a impressive job standing in towards the end of the season.

Be interesting to see what we have planned 

• Like 3

Sad news. Think he really wanted to come back, obviously played a huge part on the pitch and also just as a person in the squad. He'll be missed.

Hopefully at some point in the future he does come back to play some role within the club.

wanted too much money maybe? or guaranteed starts? surely there must be a valid reason. i guess he can probably still get regular PL starts for other clubs and probably didn't want to play 2nd fiddle to cash...but he would've gotten plenty of minutes in the conf league you'd think?

surprising and sad news

Nooooooo!

Was hoping he'd be kept around in some capacity, he clearly wanted to and I thought his performances objectively deserved it as well. His versatility and experience would have made him a handy member of the squad with - hopefully - all of the additional fixtures next season. I'm sure it's being done with good reason but a sad one all the same.

It's sad but he'll go out on a high with a great reputation among Villa fans, with no questions of whether he's past it or not - which could have happened next season if his age did actually catch up with him a bit. 

What a player this guy has been. And I wouldn’t bet against him getting picked up by another premier league club. Fitness clearly isn’t an issue and he seems to be a consummate professional. 

Thanks again Ash! Hopefully see him in the coaching set up someday! 

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Will be 38 in the summer.

No room for sentimentality in elite sport.

Absolutely love the guy and what he has given the club but we need to look to the future.

Maybe there is a coaching role for him. 

Best of luck Ash!

Agree with all of that especially the bit about the coaching role. Someone we really need to be keeping around the club but Unai gets what he wants. 

Guess that means we are definitely bringing in another right back.  

We wanted upgrades in the team and sadly it has impacts like this.  

Thanks Ashley for your time here, good luck wherever you go.

• Like 1

Â