Ashley Young

maqroll

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I was surprised at the age of 36 that he looked better than AEG when on. He is just so comfortable on the ball. 

Did anyone else notice on the training video Young was out sprinting AEG?

I think him having a slight frame has helped him keep his pace and fitness. 

I imagine it’s a mixture of really hard work over the past few years and genetics. He seems at least as good as when he left Man Utd. I’m glad he’s come home!

I wonder if he’ll do his coaching badges with us?

I would honestly like to see him starting the season as our wide left forward for a few games until everyone is fit or bought in. I know he’s probably been signed to cover Targett and Cash but he appears fit enough to give us 60/70 minutes further forward. His experience on the pitch will be helpful to the other lads as well. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I was surprised at the age of 36 that he looked better than AEG when on. He is just so comfortable on the ball. 

Did anyone else notice on the training video Young was out sprinting AEG?

I think him having a slight frame has helped him keep his pace and fitness. 

If you remember him in 2007 when he first came he was so skinny it was untrue. So now at 36 when he has filled out totally he is now in peak condition . He hasnt got to try and drag excess weight round. He is probably exactly how most players are at 21 . So he can keep going and probably for alot longer than we would ever have imagined. 

I didn't like this signing as I'm a grumpy old bastard who finds it hard to forgive and forget, and that dive and the celebration after they'd scored that penalty...

However, I think this can be the most important signing we've made this summer. I don't think he'll start many games, but he will be the sub that comes on and do a good job if any of Cash, Targett, Buendia or Bailey comes off injured or have a bad game. He will make us so much less vulnerable to an injury on a few key positions.

Plus he's got experience and a winning mentality. I think he's a good voice in the dressing room.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Fake quotes! I bet Paul Doyle didn't even interview Ashley Young and just made it all up.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Haha 1

Â