Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

The thing I hate about Leeds losing is that we dont see some of the Leeds fans pop up on here for another week or so :trollface:

None of them will be here the next couple of days. The one posting in another thread last night stopped posting when they went 1 down and then lost.

There will be a swarm of them if they get a positive result next weekend.

There's a lad in a group chat I'm in, keeps posting the 'leeds champions 20/21' picture if anyone says anything about Leeds. Didn't comment on the game last night, just put that picture up. If someone says it's embarrassing or small time, he puts it again. Then, doesn't matter if Leeds have lost/won or drawn he will be the first laughing at us if we've lost, literally the second the final whistle goes. I've stopped putting stuff in that particular group chat.

He cheered man utd on against us. Which I couldn't believe they are meant to be 'rivals', no? I guess it's typical of the Leeds obsession with us which is cute and flattering but unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

Can someone who is more ‘down with the kids’ than me, explain what the intended incorrect and random use of upper and lower case letters in a social media post supposedly signifies?

I can’t stand it. To me comes across as the textual equivalent of sticking your tongue under your lower lip and repeating what someone just said that you’d see at primary school. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

Can someone who is more ‘down with the kids’ than me, explain what the intended incorrect and random use of upper and lower case letters in a social media post supposedly signifies?

It's from a meme and used to ridicule which ever phrase is given the alternate case treatment. Accompanies this picture of SpongeBob:

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

My favourite variant from last season was 'ViLlA aRe DoInG a FuLhAm'

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, brommy said:

I take it to mean a parody of a criticism. 

So for instance say a Villa supporter says Villa were hard done by a referee decision. This might prompt a response from an opposition supporter saying something to the effect of “you’re only in the premier league because of VAR”.

As such if there is a discussion about a bad decision, a Villa supporter might say “yeH bUt yOUr onLy in the LEaguE coS of VaR!!!!!”.

As if to take the piss out of a well worn argument. The random upper and lower case is adding a lack of finesse/coherence to the piss take.

Essentially it’s an attempt to nullify an argument. At least that’s what I think it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I always interpreted it as mocking/sarcasm. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

I have always assumed it was an indicator of a catastrophic lack of intellect and a clear warning that the poster should be pitied, or preferably avoided.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I have always assumed it was an indicator of a catastrophic lack of intellect and a clear warning that the poster should be pitied, or preferably avoided.

Being a Leeds fan? 

• Haha 1

Â