Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

:crylaugh: Bielsa is so honorable that he sends spies to other teams training grounds.

It was poetic justice that Derby knocked them out of the playoffs the year we were promoted.

I love Bielsa but you do have a point XD

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Not a word I'm sure about all the dumb shit some of his co-workers come out with. Graeme Souness with casual racism virtually every other week and not a peep.

Ah you're one of those types that thinks he's racist simply because he criticises Pogba. 

Do you think José is racist for calling out Alli? 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

:crylaugh: Bielsa is so honorable that he sends spies to other teams training grounds.

It was poetic justice that Derby knocked them out of the playoffs the year we were promoted.

Of course that's when that season fell apart for them as well. Lovely stuff.

After Radrizzani's comment standby for Leeds' official account to encourage fans to have a go at any pundit who doesn't praise them.

Storm in a teacup. If you publicly comment about a club on TV, you might get publicly criticised for your view. If you don't like it, don't be a TV pundit.

There's nothing "disgusting" about the tweet at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Storm in a teacup. If you publicly comment about a club on TV, you might get publicly criticised for your view. If you don't like it, don't be a TV pundit.

There's nothing "disgusting" about the tweet at all.

Completely agreed that there's nothing disgusting about the tweet - but it shouldn't be the club account getting wound up about it.  Leave it to the fans.

They're just so precious about everything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

3 days ago Paul Merson said he be fuming if he was a Leeds fan at Bielsaball,  Souness has been criticizing Phillips and other pundits have criticized Leeds

Why was this clip the only one posted

They've been taking the piss out of Agbonlahor for months. Do they have to respond to all of the criticism or none of it?

The disappointing thing is the fans' reaction to it, I guess the question is, to what extent are public Twitter accounts responsible for the toxic responses of their followers? There's undeniably still a huge problem with sexism in football, we see it on here pretty much every time there's a female pundit.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

By interest. 

Where were Leeds in the table just before covid?

Were they actually on the verge of his burnout? Did their recent results reflect on this? 

No, we had some poor form end of Jan but after a 1-1 away draw to Brentford we were back on it 

It's everybody's favourite narrative and was even getting mentioned in here after our ManU loss. 

The issue isn't the club twitter, the issue is backwards twitter fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They've been taking the piss out of Agbonlahor for months. Do they have to respond to all of the criticism or none of it?

The disappointing thing is the fans' reaction to it, I guess the question is, to what extent are public Twitter accounts responsible for the toxic responses of their followers? There's undeniably still a huge problem with sexism in football, we see it on here pretty much every time there's a female pundit.

Exactly. People will go 'hur dur what does Karen Carney know about football' well being as she was an actual professional player and international for 15 years probably a lot more than you Barry with your 4 seasons of Sunday league under your belt

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Embarrassing. Regardless of who's right or wrong, it's pathetic for the Chairman to get involved.

If Wes/Nas did this, I'd be thoroughly ashamed. 

Xia would have settled for some cryptic emojis 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

No, we had some poor form end of Jan but after a 1-1 away draw to Brentford we were back on it 

It's everybody's favourite narrative and was even getting mentioned in here after our ManU loss. 

The issue isn't the club twitter, the issue is backwards twitter fans.

The issue is with both the backwards Twitter fans and the club Twitter. Why on Earth would an official Twitter account think that it’s appropriate to tweet that response fully knowing the response that it would generate?

Bielsa’s style of football has led to burnouts in the past and there’s no way of knowing whether it would have happened again without the long break. It benefitted Villa - I think everybody on here would admit that. It’s not insulting to suggest that COVID may have benefitted Leeds more than some other clubs.

I’ll agree Carney probably didn’t word her point brilliantly but I don’t think it’s difficult to understand the point that was being made.

As for the chairman of the club doubling down on the issue and pouring fire on the flames, it’s irresponsible and slightly pathetic. Commentators and pundits will make throwaway comments about every team in the league. When your club is the only one responding in an inflammatory way it probably suggests it’s a strange thing to do.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Oh shit I completely forgot about that! I retract my previous comment XD

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Embarrassing. Regardless of who's right or wrong, it's pathetic for the Chairman to get involved.

If Wes/Nas did this, I'd be thoroughly ashamed. 

I thoroughly expect our twitter admin to call out that Nigel pundit who said WBA shouldn't lose at home to the likes of Aston Villa and for both Wes and Nas to publicly praise the tweet. Oh, and Prince William can also use the Royal twitter feed (is there such a thing?) to condemn Nigel. It's the professional way to go about things and not at all something you'd expect from children. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

(also she's kinda right)

Much the same way Covid helped us, it definitely benefitted Leeds

Yup, I'm fairly certain we would have been relegated were it not for the Covid break, we had nothing going for us. And Leeds and Bielsa has a habit of running out of steam. 

Â