Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa keep getting a lot out of very little

It’s true, but they have spent something like £85m this season. I doubt many other clubs have spent that amount (us, Chelsea... any others?)

Just now, bobzy said:

It’s true, but they have spent something like £85m this season. I doubt many other clubs have spent that amount (us, Chelsea... any others?)

You literally have to do that if you are to have any ambitions establishing yourself in this league. Gulf between Champ and PL is huge

Look how it went with Norwich

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You literally have to do that if you are to have any ambitions establishing yourself in this league. Gulf between Champ and PL is huge

Look how it went with Norwich

It’s just not true, but OK. 

They've looked OK on the whole, can't imagine too many people being surprised with the way they play who've followed the Championship or even just Bielsa. Let's not forget they were widely being tipped by a whole host of to gatecrash Europe before the season began...

The way some are going on here and beyond who'd be forgiven for thinking they were producing some unprecedented stuff. Just in the last years we've had Wolves come up and finish 7th in their first season and Sheffield United 9th last year, despite the wankfest Leeds are middle of the pack.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

They've looked OK on the whole, can't imagine too many people being surprised with the way they play who've followed the Championship or even just Bielsa. Let's not forget they were widely being tipped by a whole host of to gatecrash Europe before the season began...

The way some are going on here and beyond who'd be forgiven for thinking they were producing some unprecedented stuff. Just in the last years we've had Wolves come up and finish 7th in their first season and Sheffield United 9th last year, despite the wankfest Leeds are middle of the pack.

If Leeds did what Sheffield United did last season or Wolves the season before that the adulation they get will probably come close to rivaling the (justified) adulation Leicester got when they won the league.

39 minutes ago, penguin said:

Phillips is everything they said Declan Rice was, but he is actually delivering. 

Abomination of a haircut though.

I actually thought pre-injury he was a bit shit. Decent but nothing like the player we've seen in the championship, since he's come back he's been immense.

We probably lose this 4-1 again if he's not in the team.

Just watched the Everton game.....So impressed with Leeds running and workrate...it opens so many doors in terms of opportunities to score and deny the opposition and helps with the essential luck, every team needs.....its funny how they say the harder you work, the luckier you get.

whether they keep it up or not, its working right now.

They all look as fit as a butchers dog.....good luck to them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Just watched the Everton game.....So impressed with Leeds running and workrate...it opens so many doors and helps with the essential luck, every team needs.....its funny how they say the harder you work, the luckier you get.

whether they keep it up or not, its working right now.

They all look as fit as a butchers dog.....good luck to them.

Played like they did against us and they thoroughly deserved their victory. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Played like they did against us and they thoroughly deserved their victory. 

I don't really like them as a club.....but i just can't help, being blown away with their work and running.....they are on the balls of their feet all through the game, so alive to the games dynamics.....I just can't help being impressed with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I don't really like them as a club.....but i just can't help, being blown away with their work and running.....they are on the balls of their feet all through the game, so alive to the games dynamics.....I just can't help being impressed with them.

Yes its hard to keep that level of intensity up all season but theres 8 less games in the Premier League to the championship so they probably wont burn out like people are expecting them to. 

32 minutes ago, penguin said:

Its not the league position.....its what they do on the pitch in games ,the drive in their  play is relentless.

Edited by TRO

They're only on one more point thant West Ham and Bournemouth had after the same amount of games last season, only three more points than we had. They're not doing bad at all relative to what's reasonable to expect, but aren't as good as is made out.

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes its hard to keep that level of intensity up all season but theres 8 less games in the Premier League to the championship so they probably wont burn out like people are expecting them to. 

They are probably in a better financial position than say sheff utd to enable them to buy players to swell their squad.....to create rotation.....to continue with their intensity.

but you are right, its whether they can keep it up.....but you can only worry about one game at a time.

They did it the championship and are still doing it.....

However, there are many factors, to a good team, I' m just mentioning one...but an important one Imv.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, useless said:

They're only on one more point thant West Ham and Bournemouth had after the same amount of games last season, only three more points than we had. They're not doing bad at all relative to what's reasonable to expect, but aren't as good as is made out.

Overall they do have deficiencies, they are WIP like us......but we are talking about something they do well and give teams a hard game because of it.

52 minutes ago, bobzy said:

& how many of those players played in either the arsenal or Everton games. 2  with another coming on 20 minutes as a sub. 

Â