Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Burnley have been **** garbage for ages. It’s about time their luck ran out tbh. 

Pretty sure they were one of best performing teams from January last year to end of the season, wouldn't want to watch that style over 38 games though.

Can see them beating Palace tomorrow now they've got likes of Barnes and Tarkowski back and it won't take that many wins for them to pull clear of the bottom 3 as Brighton showed with the win yesterday.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure they were one of best performing teams from January last year to end of the season, wouldn't want to watch that style over 38 games though.

Can see them beating Palace tomorrow now they've got likes of Barnes and Tarkowski back and it won't take that many wins for them to pull clear of the bottom 3 as Brighton showed with the win yesterday.

Really hope they do my neighbours who are Burnley fans made a poster congratulating us for staying up and stuck on their front window for me last season when we stayed up.  

• Like 3

The Leeds w*nkfest from Skysports/media was in full force this afternoon with Martin Tyler praising Leeds by referencing how much of a threat they were when they were 4-1 down at Palace in injury time.

Couldn't make it up. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

The Leeds w*nkfest from Skysports/media was in full force this afternoon with Martin Tyler praising Leeds by referencing how much of a threat they were when they were 4-1 down at Palace in injury time.

Couldn't make it up. 

I am surprised they didnt give them credit for us beating Arsenal 3-0 a few weeks back

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Burnley have been **** garbage for ages. It’s about time their luck ran out tbh. 

I won't be satisfied until both claret and blue imposter clubs are permanently relegated from the Premier league.

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Embarrassing by Alioski

Its what football has turned into really. If he doesn't go down like he's been assaulted the ref doesn't see it, VAR ignore it. If VAR would do its job this sort of thing wouldn't happen in the first place 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Its what football has turned into really. If he doesn't go down like he's been assaulted the ref doesn't see it, VAR ignore it. If VAR would do its job this sort of thing wouldn't happen in the first place 

Pretty weak excuse. 

What about Ayling a couple of weeks ago? Or Bamford two years ago?

Its starting to become a Leeds thing. 

Surprised a man of principles like Biesla, puts up with it.

Edited by DCJonah

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Pretty weak excuse. 

Its starting to become a Leeds thing. 

Surprised a man of principles like Biesla, puts up with it.

Me too, shocking stuff really. The club must be corrupting him

25 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Whilst I think you’re completely right, I don’t think Alioski is thinking about anything other than getting Pepe sent off - irrespective of VAR. 

It’s a habit amongst Leeds players, apparently. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Pretty weak excuse. 

Ayling has been doing it for years, to be honest. He “anticipates” getting caught and just hits the deck. 

I find it hilarious people are giving him shit for going down after a headbutt after the way Trezeguet went down yesterday.

It's not a Leeds thing, it's a modern football thing. There's not a team in the league whose players won't chuck themselves to the floor if they think it suits them, and a headbutt is a better reason than most have.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I find it hilarious people are giving him shit for going down after a headbutt after the way Trezeguet went down yesterday.

It's not a Leeds thing, it's a modern football thing. There's not a team in the league whose players won't chuck themselves to the floor if they think it suits them, and a headbutt is a better reason than most have.

Whilst I agree, I think there is a fundamental difference between going down when being fouled and collapsing purely to get a player sent off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Its not that he did it

Its that during every villa match, or more or less every villa social media post and now all over anything related to grealish for the national team you will see Leeds fans like a rash calling him a cheat or "grealish on the floor again" at best its shit like "he's good but he can't stay on his feet" 

And yet their players are constantly at it, the hypocracy is mental 

• Like 3

These are posts from their forum from the last 24 hours regarding Grealish...

'Great dive byGrealish there, getting the Brighton man sent off. Made it look genuine, fair play.'

'Grealish flung himself to the ground after feeling Lamptey behind him. Standard 'winning' the foul and a very harsh yellow card. I'm not sure which way football is going with this.'

'Grealish dived to get Lamptey sent off. I wish someone would show the ponce why shinpads are a good idea.'

'Grealish is the latest darling for English football and will thus be allowed a lot of leeway from commentators/pundits etc'

Anyone see this clip on BT of Grealish in training this week? 200.gif

'He’s patheticGrealish , but because he’s English he won’t get hammered for it. Dean Smith is unbelievable as well. ‘He got the ball first and then the man, anywhere else on the pitch and it’s a foul’. Deluded clown.'

'Just have VAR for goal line technology and to catch diving scum likeGrealish & ban the **** for 5 games every time they do it. If used or offsides, only use it if the ref has disallowed a goal for offside.'

That last one in the match thread for their Arsenal game, presumably before the Alioski incident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Smith said he heard the contact from the touchline. 

I'll believe our manager over some blokes on Twitter

Going OT but how the **** was that a dive by grealish yesterday 😂

Don't get me wrong he's done lamptey who really really should have known better but it's not a dive, not in a million years month of sundays 

That's one where you say you can be angry as an opposition fan that it's happened but don't aim your anger at grealish aim it at your own players lack of intelligence - why is it a yellow card? Because he cannot possibly win the ball tackling from that position, hence its dangerous which is what made it so stupid, it can only go one way 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

These are posts from their forum from the last 24 hours regarding Grealish...

'Great dive byGrealish there, getting the Brighton man sent off. Made it look genuine, fair play.'

'Grealish flung himself to the ground after feeling Lamptey behind him. Standard 'winning' the foul and a very harsh yellow card. I'm not sure which way football is going with this.'

'Grealish dived to get Lamptey sent off. I wish someone would show the ponce why shinpads are a good idea.'

'Grealish is the latest darling for English football and will thus be allowed a lot of leeway from commentators/pundits etc'

Anyone see this clip on BT of Grealish in training this week? 200.gif

'He’s patheticGrealish , but because he’s English he won’t get hammered for it. Dean Smith is unbelievable as well. ‘He got the ball first and then the man, anywhere else on the pitch and it’s a foul’. Deluded clown.'

'Just have VAR for goal line technology and to catch diving scum likeGrealish & ban the **** for 5 games every time they do it. If used or offsides, only use it if the ref has disallowed a goal for offside.'

That last one in the match thread for their Arsenal game, presumably before the Alioski incident.

I was never really fussed about Leeds tbh, but their fans (online presence at least) seem to be a massive bunch of clearings in the woods.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Smith said he heard the contact from the touchline. 

I'll believe our manager over some blokes on Twitter

I have no idea what blokes on Twitter you're talking about, or why you're telling me what Smith heard. There was definitely contact, and it may well have hurt like buggery. Regardless of what it sounded like, he chucks both of his legs back and exaggerated the contact. That's not embarrassing, but going down and exaggerating after someone headbutts you isn't? 

Our players have gone down softly or exaggerated contact on countless occasions. I'm not getting in to whether specific incidents were fouls or not, after all, this one clearly was too. I just think it's unfair to call it a "Leeds thing" and act like Villa are above it. 

Edited by Davkaus

Â