Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jack Harrison was the player that impressed me most in Leeds victory over us and I've sort of kept an ear out for him since. There are a number of articles about him on the Beeb today and the thing that grabs me about them is that he's not a Leeds player - he's a Man City player who has been on loan there for three years. This isn't a slight against an excellent player or against Leeds, but that's just wrong, no player should be loaned to another team for three whole seasons, it's just an abuse of the loan system.

I'd like to see loans restricted so that players can only be loaned out for a single season - after that, the parent team should either shit or get off the pot. This is player stockpiling for profit by Manchester City, it's an FFP workaround and it needs to be addressed - the loans system is a mess.

Couldn't agree more that reforms are desperately needed.

Think this is bad but City are a drop in the ocean in this regard compared to Chelsea, take Lucas Piazon for example joined Chelsea in 2012 and currently on his 7th season in a row out of loan, although I'm sure their plan is to build up to the same. (Tifo football did an excellent video on Chelsea's loan system which I'd recommend anyone who has an interest to watch).

• Like 1

Harrison's loan wasn't intended to go into a 3rd year fyi.

There was an expiry on the buyout for last seasons loan and when the season got suspended it expired, at the time we were still championship so didn't want to commit to buying him. Think this loan extension is for our books more than Cities

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jack Harrison was the player that impressed me most in Leeds victory over us and I've sort of kept an ear out for him since. There are a number of articles about him on the Beeb today and the thing that grabs me about them is that he's not a Leeds player - he's a Man City player who has been on loan there for three years. This isn't a slight against an excellent player or against Leeds, but that's just wrong, no player should be loaned to another team for three whole seasons, it's just an abuse of the loan system.

I'd like to see loans restricted so that players can only be loaned out for 18 months - after that, the parent team should either shit or get off the pot. This is player stockpiling for profit by Manchester City, it's an FFP workaround and it needs to be addressed - the loans system is a mess.

FTFY Just to cover us for the Axel loan. 

Edited by Rds1983

We had eleven points from nine games last season with a better goal difference, difference is we were only three points from the relegation zone wheras Leeds are eight points from the relegation zone despite the worse start, which further illustrates how poor the bottom three have been this season, Watford who were bottom after nine games last season with four points wouldn't even be in the bottom three now.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We had eleven points from nine games last season with a better goal difference, difference is we were only three points from the relegation zone wheras Leeds are eight points from the relegation zone despite the worse start, which further illustrates how poor the bottom three have been this season, Watford who were bottom after nine games last season with four points wouldn't even be in the bottom three now.

Great post 

Lots of pundits predicted this season to be more difficult than last to stay up but clearly not. 

I think they're pretty fortunate so far. 

Relegation battle a little boring this year, although wouldn't be surprised to see Burnley win tomorrow to put a little pressure on Brighton who've got some difficult games coming up, maybe Newcastle as well, so either could still get dragged into it. Leeds do look good at times, but can't get away from the fact that as it stands they've still only beat ourselves, Sheffield United, and Fulham.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Great post 

Lots of pundits predicted this season to be more difficult than last to stay up but clearly not. 

I think they're pretty fortunate so far. 

No one could foresee Sheffield United and Burnley being this bad

The fact that Fulham are above the dropzone with 4 points after 9 games is incredible

Edited by villalad21

22 minutes ago, useless said:

In fairness, Leeds have played Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Wolves and Arsenal so far this season, who I imagine were all in the top 7 last time round (I haven’t checked). 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No one could foresee Sheffield United and Burnley being this bad

The fact that Fulham are above the dropzone with 4 points after 9 games is incredible

Burnley have been **** garbage for ages. It’s about time their luck ran out tbh. 

• Like 1

Well it's where those teams are this season that matters with regards to how Leeds perform against them, Man City and Arsenal aren't even in the top half of the table, Wolves have been up and down, and even Liverpool haven't been as good as usual, so whilst not easy games, I think they'll be disappointed to only take two points from them, and they were also well beat by Palace.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Well it's where those teams are this season that matters with regards to how Leeds perform against them, Man City and Arsenal aren't even in the top half of the table, Wolves have been up and down, and even Liverpool haven't been as good as usual, so whilst not easy games, I think they'll be disappointed to only take two points from them, and they were also well beat by Palace.

Sorry, but there is no chance that a newly promoted side would be disappointed to take 2 points from Liverpool, Man City, Wolves and Arsenal.

In pretty much every game (aside from Liverpool?) Leeds have been the dominant team. There is honestly not a chance that they are involved in a relegation battle this season.

It's actually two points from Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Wolves, Arsenal and Crystal Palace, and Arsenal played half of the game with ten men, of course they will be disappointed to only take to two points from those games to disagree with that is to disagree with it just for the sake of being contrary. I bet most other teams will do better from the same fixtures.

And I didn't say anything about them being in a relegation battle, I think they'll do better than we did last season, but that they're not in more trouble now is more down to how poor the bottom four have been than how good they are.

• Like 1

Â