Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Nope. As I said, sounds like they were shit. Decent or ok performances don't really result in allowing the highest expected goals of the season so far. 

That all depends, doesn’t it? A team could have 5 shots all game and have an xG of 5 (or near enough) if they were all amazing chances.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That all depends, doesn’t it? A team could have 5 shots all game and have an xG of 5 (or near enough) if they were all amazing chances.

True. They may have been decent to be fair, I just really dislike them.

Any chance to enjoy their loss I'll take. 

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

A penalty is 0.8.

If you've had 5 xG from 5 shots and not scored 3 or 4 you're coming up with some truly incredible misses on the line and will feel you should have scored 5 afterwards.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

A penalty is 0.8.

If you've had 5 xG from 5 shots and not scored 3 or 4 you're coming up with some truly incredible misses on the line and will feel you should have scored 5 afterwards.

Which they should have; see Werner's opportunity.  It doesn't mean that Leeds were shit - they weren't.  Chelsea were just very good.

Edited by bobzy

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Both sides of it last night, raphinha with a shocker but poveda showing why players do it

based on the Liverpool v Brighton game that’s a penalty, still no consistency 

Its funny that these sort of antics even get brought up now. They're a massive part of the game and if you're not rolling around like you've been assaulted you're doing it wrong.

Raphinha goes down we get the ball kicked out on a Chelsea counter. Poveda stays up we don't get a penalty.

Now why would any player chose to do things the 'right' way when its objectively worse?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Its funny that these sort of antics even get brought up now. They're a massive part of the game and if you're not rolling around like you've been assaulted you're doing it wrong.

Raphinha goes down we get the ball kicked out on a Chelsea counter. Poveda stays up we don't get a penalty.

Now why would any player chose to do things the 'right' way when its objectively worse?

That would be understandable if it was the case, but it isn't is it? 

Your players, particularly Ayling, Alioski, and especially Bamford do not need the other player to make contact with them. The intention isn't to draw attention to a potential foul, it is to get the other player sent off. It happens so often, it has to be coached, and to say it is part of the game is a disgrace. 

While this is part of Leeds strategy, they don't deserve any respect. 

Cheating scum. 

• Like 1

Koch out!

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55229520

Leeds United defender Robin Koch will have surgery on Tuesday on the knee injury he aggravated against Chelsea.

The Germany centre-back, 24, was substituted after nine minutes of his side's 3-1 Premier League loss at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

A Leeds statement said Koch had initially injured his knee during his debut against Liverpool in September.

"Unfortunately, following a collision in the Chelsea game, he suffered further damage to the knee," it added.

"Surgery is required to remedy the problem."

Koch, who joined Leeds from Freiburg in August, has started all 11 of his side's league matches this season.

It's David Batty's birthday today I think, and I can't help but think of one of my favourite games of football that didn't involve the Villa whenever I think of David Batty.

Leeds vs Sampdoria in a preseason friendly, I think it was on Channel 4, a lovely sunny day and Batty chased Roberto Mancini up and down Elland Road and kicked lumps out of him with a massive grin on his face - the ref was feeling ever so lenient and didn't want to send him off as it was only a friendly so he marched over to Howard Wilkinson, who was stood with his arms folded on the touchline - the ref clearly asked Wilkinson to take him off before he sent him off - Wilkins said just one word "No" and wandered off.

Happy times.

• Like 1

Batty had no interest in football it turned out. By all accounts at Leeds he would show up, do what he had to and leave. 

As about as 90's a midfielder you could get.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Batty had no interest in football it turned out. By all accounts at Leeds he would show up, do what he had to and leave. 

As about as 90's a midfielder you could get.

Assou Ekotto was the same and I think Nakata as well. At the end d of the day its only a job for some people

Â