Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I have no idea what blokes on Twitter you're talking about, or why you're telling me what Smith heard. There was definitely contact, and it may well have hurt like buggery. Regardless of what it sounded like, he chucks both of his legs back and exaggerated the contact. That's not embarrassing, but going down and exaggerating after someone headbutts you isn't? 

Our players have gone down softly or exaggerated contact on countless occasions. I'm not getting in to whether specific incidents were fouls or not, after all, this one clearly was too. I just think it's unfair to call it a "Leeds thing" and act like Villa are above it. 

i think the point is the Leeds issue is that for over 2 years they have taken some bizarre moral high ground and have been constantly calling Grealish a diver when Bamford, Ayling and now Alioski have done a lot worse simulation than Jack ever did

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i think the point is the Leeds issue is that for over 2 years they have taken some bizarre moral high ground and have been constantly calling Grealish a diver when Bamford, Ayling and now Alioski have done a lot worse simulation than Jack ever did

Yeah I don't disagree at all with posters pointing out that a lot of Leeds fans are nobs and hypocrites, there's just an air of superiority as if our players wouldn't do the same thing that's bothering me.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah I don't disagree at all with posters pointing out that a lot of Leeds fans are nobs and hypocrites, there's just an air of superiority as if our players wouldn't do the same thing that's bothering me.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time one of our players feigned injury purely so that someone on the opposite team would receive a straight red card.

(Edit:  I'm sure it's happened at SOME POINT... I just can't remember it)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I genuinely cannot remember the last time one of our players feigned injury purely so that someone on the opposite team would receive a straight red card.

But it is a red card offense. He shouldn't feign injury obviously but I'd bet if he doesn't nothing is made of it and the match continues 11v11

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Are Leeds well backed financially?

Not particularly. Yes as far as we can spend more than the poorer prem teams but its not in the City, Chelsea, yourselves realms. Think Radrizanni has a worth of 600 million or something close to

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Not particularly. Yes as far as we can spend more than the poorer prem teams but its not in the City, Chelsea, yourselves realms. Think Radrizanni has a worth of 600 million or something close to

Wasn't there some talk he was selling part of his stake to one of the PSG mob a while ago?

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

But it is a red card offense. He shouldn't feign injury obviously but I'd bet if he doesn't nothing is made of it and the match continues 11v11

It's a red card offence, but Alioski has feigned injury with the pure intention of getting Pepe sent off.  He isn't hurt, there's barely any contact.

(As an aside, I don't think it should be a red card - they really need to distinguish between 'violent conduct' and being a bit of a daft clearing in the woods)

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I think it is a red card and there is no place for that sort of behaviour.

Just out of interest, do you think faking injury like in this case or Bamford's case in the famous Elland Road incident also warrants a red card? 

I think that anyone who clearly dives (and this includes falling on the floor pretending to be punched by Tyson Fury) should be a red card as they are openly trying to cheat fake and lie. 

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think it is a red card and there is no place for that sort of behaviour.

Just out of interest, do you think faking injury like in this case or Bamford's case in the famous Elland Road incident also warrants a red card? 

I think that anyone who clearly dives (and this includes falling on the floor pretending to be punched by Tyson Fury) should be a red card as they are openly trying to cheat fake and lie. 

Pepe deseeves the red for stupidity but the other player deserves a retrospective punishment too. Bamford got a ban but FA cowardly to ban some clubs players 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pepe deseeves the red for stupidity but the other player deserves a retrospective punishment too. Bamford got a ban but FA cowardly to ban some clubs players 

Surely with VAR there needs to be no retrospective punishments? Just cards on the spot?

9 hours ago, Rino8 said:

You did spend £100m this summer! Interestingly if you look at the difference in fees between our 2 loanees made permanent (Mings & El Ghazi) and yours (Costa and Meslier), we spent almost exactly the same in our first window back up.

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

I can't think of a moment where one of our players did what Bamford did with El Ghazi or what Ayling did just last month. 

@Mic09Depends on the circumstances really. Alioski isn't changing any outcome. All his actions are doing is drawing attention to it.

If he goes down with no contact then yes.

Edited by Rino8

25 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

@Mic09Depends on the circumstances really. Alioski isn't changing any outcome. All his actions are doing is drawing attention to it.

If he goes down with no contact then yes.

Not really. He's gone down with the full intention of making it seem as bad as possible to try and get an opponent sent off. Hes feigned injury, by staying on the floor clutching his face for 5 minutes, in an attempt to make the referees mind up for him. Which he has done. 

You cannot move your head towards an opponent, no matter if you hit them hard or gently caress the opposition's head. It's a red card offence. 

Here, he didn't even gently caress the opposition's head. It was that soft. It's playacting and feigning injury. It should be punished.

8 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Not really. He's gone down with the full intention of making it seem as bad as possible to try and get an opponent sent off. Hes feigned injury, by staying on the floor clutching his face for 5 minutes, in an attempt to make the referees mind up for him. Which he has done. 

You cannot move your head towards an opponent, no matter if you hit them hard or gently caress the opposition's head. It's a red card offence. 

Here, he didn't even gently caress the opposition's head. It was that soft. It's playacting and feigning injury. It should be punished.

As you said, no matter how hard or gently its a red card offence. Can you tell me with full confidence that if, instead of going down he flags it to the ref we see the same outcome?

It should be a red card no matter the players reaction but if you think VAR are going to send him off you must not have watched much football. Players have to reach this way or nothing happens.

Just now, Rino8 said:

As you said, no matter how hard or gently its a red card offence. Can you tell me with full confidence that if, instead of going down he flags it to the ref we see the same outcome?

It should be a red card no matter the players reaction but if you think VAR are going to send him off you must not have watched much football. Players have to reach this way or nothing happens.

well thats what the VAR should really pick up,  its a failure from the system as well. As I said both should be punished in my view

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

whilst i agree with what you are saying...

...you are saying that he dived

Â