Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Leeds have taken just seventeen points from the twenty-seven Premier League games that Phillips has missed over the last two seasons. They quite clearly do much better with him in the team than they do without, that might say more about their other midfielders than it does about Phillips, but doesn't change the fact that he's going to be hard to replace.

Looking at last season in isloation, they averaged 1.2 points per game when he played, which is 45 points over a season, which is pretty good when you look at their squad and the injuries they had, without him in the team last season they averaged 0.77 points per game which is 29 points over a season, which is obviously a lot worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Leeds have taken just seventeen points from the twenty-seven Premier League games that Phillips has missed over the last two seasons. They quite clearly do much better with him in the team than they do without, that might say more about their other midfielders than it does about Phillips, but doesn't change the fact that he's going to be hard to replace.

Looking at last season in isloation, they averaged 1.2 points per game when he played, which is 45 points over a season, which is pretty good when you look at their squad and the injuries they had, without him in the team last season they averaged 0.77 points per game which is 29 points over a season, which is obviously a lot worse.

Throw no Raphinia in to the mix and that’s a lot of potential key moments they will miss out on. Bamford returning  may help them though and they’ll need the new signings to hit the ground running. 

IMHO,the second season is the hardest for a newly promoted team because now all the other PL teams know their players and their tactics.I have noticed that promoted teams either get relegated in their first season or their second.If they manage to stay in the PL for a third season then they usually stay for 3/seasons at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO,the second season is the hardest for a newly promoted team because now all the other PL teams know their players and their tactics.I have noticed that promoted teams either get relegated in their first season or their second.If they manage to stay in the PL for a third season then they usually stay for 3/seasons at least.

Agree, I think the momentum and buzz of being promoted has dissipated and the hard work really starts in the 2nd season 

Brentford should be worried 

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Ipswich were probably the most famous example, from qualifying for Europe in season one and relegated the next, Hull City another, Sheffield United too

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Ipswich were probably the most famous example, from qualifying for Europe in season one and relegated the next, Hull City another, Sheffield United too

Happened blues as well. Think they finished about 9th after promotion and down the next season. Reading also under Coppell

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hull City had first and second season syndrome in the same season. 2008/9 I think? They were flying around Christmas and then won about 1 more game between Jan and May. 

16 minutes ago, wict01 said:

Hull City had first and second season syndrome in the same season. 2008/9 I think? They were flying around Christmas and then won about 1 more game between Jan and May. 

I remember them on a mad run that season they brought that Geovanni from City and he was rifling in bangers for a few months. Werent they top 4 after 10/15 games or something?

They're rumoured to be signing Tezgel from Stoke, big coup for them if that's right, as would have been under consideration and possibly wanted by all the big clubs, one of the most highly rated academy strikers in the country.

22 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I can see Leeds really struggling next year, especially if they don't bring in some quality.

That said I was never that impressed by Raphina, so to see some top teams desperately fighting over him baffles me a little. 

Fortunately for them, they definitely are.

5 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

I can see Leeds really struggling next year, especially if they don't bring in some quality.

That said I was never that impressed by Raphina, so to see some top teams desperately fighting over him baffles me a little. 

Very overrated, IMO

• Like 1

On 28/06/2022 at 20:19, useless said:

They're rumoured to be signing Tezgel from Stoke, big coup for them if that's right, as would have been under consideration and possibly wanted by all the big clubs, one of the most highly rated academy strikers in the country.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Fair play to Stoke, but even more so for Emre.

Let's face it, he hasn't pledged his future and he will definitely move on in the next year or two... but at least Stoke will get a decent wedge of money for it rather than a pittance from tribunal.

Â