Media and punditry

BOF

Who do you guys consider the best commentators? I think Martin Tyler is head and shoulders above the rest. Ian Darke is quite good too.

Peter Drury does my friggin head in

I like Steve Wilson and Simon Brotherton.

• 1 month later...

not really, Predicting United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea to win every week adn Reading, QPR, Wigan to lose every week doesnt show great knowledge. INcidentally his method is predictable top team vs average team = 2-0 to top team, 2 top teams play 1-1. rarely any different

though I love the fact his bottom 2 are Liverpool and Everton really shows his bias and knowledge

not really, Predicting United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea to win every week adn Reading, QPR, Wigan to lose every week doesnt show great knowledge. INcidentally his method is predictable top team vs average team = 2-0 to top team, 2 top teams play 1-1. rarely any different

though I love the fact his bottom 2 are Liverpool and Everton really shows his bias and knowledge

I think you've missed the point. He would have made a profit on his predictions had he stuck a tenner on every prediction (ie the odds take into account the fact that Man Utd and Man City are expected to win every game). That's pretty decent especially when you consider the book is drawn in the bookie's favour (so that if you stuck a pound on a w/l/d on every match you would lose a stack of money).

Most racing tipsters would be happy with such a yield.

• Like 1

That said, the graphic's "excluding commissions" bit implies that their odds source is an exchange, most likely betfair. It's quite plausible that the commission on winnings that betfair charges eliminates the profit.

• 3 weeks later...

On talksport the other day (yes I know). They were talking about punditry on the bbc esp motd and how poor it was, saying that other channels are moving with times but bbc aren't and that for our money they should really be delivering a better analysis and cut out the crap

On talksport the other day (yes I know). They were talking about punditry on the bbc esp motd and how poor it was, saying that other channels are moving with times but bbc aren't and that for our money they should really be delivering a better analysis and cut out the crap

I agree that MOTD needs some work but it's not uncommon for a commercial station to have a go at the Beeb.

A company founded by Kelvin MacKenzie who are in direct competition with Radio 5 having a pop at the BBC?  :blink:

The very fact that every time somebody mentions they listen to TalkSport they half apologise about doing so speaks volumes. It's a horrible outlet. 

Edited by The_Rev

MOTD would be a hell of a lot more interesting if they replaced Hansen and Shearer with a few random football fans of different clubs.

If I wanted to watch fat, self-important, unintelligent arseholes have asinine arguments with each other without any reasonable debate, I'd visit the main forum.

• Like 3

Â