Media and punditry

BOF

I agree, although it might have helped us on several occasions this season!

It certainly didn't help us 3 years ago when Vidic wasn't sent off after 5 minutes in the final. Wasn't there a ref in the studio then saying that you can't give a red card after 5 minutes in a final?

Edited by Pelle

Shearer and Lineker could be using this soon...

skysportsipadapp-430x231.jpg

Can't decide if it'll be a help or a hindrance.

I can't think of anything Shearer has ever said that would need that thing to highlight.

"He's passed it there, he's tackled him there, that's a pass, he's got it, then he scores. Lovely play"

• Like 1

Obviously he's not in direct control of the current technology that's used on screen during the 'analysis' on MOTD, but it's awful when Shearer's using it.  It reflects how terrible he is - it's usually something along the lines of putting circles around several attacking players (so we can see which team is attacking, otherwise there would obviously be no way to tell) who then get forward pointing arrows added, as Shearer is showing us that they are moving towards the goal.  Education.  Another favourite is to add a big yellow box where there's space on the pitch (if they didn't do that, you'd think it was full of players) and then an arrow is added to show that someone should be moving into that space to attack/defend it.  It's so in-depth and really alters the way I watch football.

He doesn't slag them off.

He criticises them, but that's different from slagging off.

I'm sure Neville would tell Glen Johnson to his face what he thought was wrong with his performance so I doubt it's a problem.

just watching MOTD now and its appalling. its 2 yes men and if i was a british tv licence payer id be fuming it goes on them clowns. Alan Hansen for about 10 years hasnt said a thing insightful

• Like 1

Chiles made a right wanky remark at ft going into the ad break. something like "well done referee" then changed his opinion totally after the break.

Keane did as I thought, the controversial view (even though it was the right one) .

Andy townsend spends the entire game making comments irrelevant to what's happening on the pitch, its like listening to a fifa game.

Why did lee dixon think leaving motd for ITV was a step forward.

Â