Media and punditry

BOF

445 people complained to the BBC after Neville's commentary on the England game. What sad gits! I know he was a bit dull but who on earth complains?! 

445 people complained to the BBC after Neville's commentary on the England game. What sad gits! I know he was a bit dull but who on earth complains?!

Well, you could say they actually did something constructive with their criticism, unlike the rest of us who just take the piss on forums or twitter. I just don't understand why they stuck him on such a big game for his first time. It's amazing how the punditry goes from amazing to utter shite with little in between.

Well, you could say they actually did something constructive with their criticism, unlike the rest of us who just take the piss on forums or twitter. I just don't understand why they stuck him on such a big game for his first time. It's amazing how the punditry goes from amazing to utter shite with little in between.

We take the piss because ultimately its not an important enough subject to raise a complaint on... well, for most of us anyway!

• Like 2

Robbie Savage was awful tonight. Can someone tell me exactly why the BBC use him so much? He might get people to call in to 606 but what does he offer besides acting like a clearing in the woods?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

Robbie Savage was awful tonight. Can someone tell me exactly why the BBC use him so much? He might get people to call in to 606 but what does he offer besides acting like a clearing in the woods?

Complete tool, rubbish footballer and rubbish pundit
  • Like 1

Henry and Seedorf have a bromance they are so much better to watch than Hansen and Shearer it would be interesting for those two to be on domestic football this coming season.

Think they are class and blanking Savage the other day was tip top!

I wouldn't build your hopes up, Henry will be playing for New York Red Bulls and Seedorf seems to be more interested in management or coaching. I doubt either of them will be living in the UK when the season starts (though I presume Henry still has a place in London somewhere, he married an English girl and while they have since divorced she and his daughter still live in the capital).  No Hansen though, he didn't get offered a new contract by the BBC. 

I wouldn't build your hopes up, Henry will be playing for New York Red Bulls and Seedorf seems to be more interested in management or coaching. I doubt either of them will be living in the UK when the season starts (though I presume Henry still has a place in London somewhere, he married an English girl and while they have since divorced she and his daughter still live in the capital).  No Hansen though, he didn't get offered a new contract by the BBC.

thumbs-aloft.gif

• Like 1

I did love the little dig from Gary Spiniker at Henry when he asked him if he ever got away with a handball.

I like Seedorf and like listening to what he has to say, its only the later with Henry.

On Seedorf, this always stands in my memory from 4 years ago.

If it looks like a clearing in the woods. And acts like a clearing in the woods. It's usually a clearing in the woods 

• Like 1

Â