Media and punditry

BOF

Paul Ince and Robbie Fowler have been absolutely woeful on MOTD.

Paul Ince has always been a complete and utter word removed,he is an awful manager and pundit. Robbie Fowler is a seemingly nice bloke but doesn't have two brain cells to rub together. Did make me laugh how motd said he only had 40 odd goals.... He was a prolific scorer

Soccer Saturday on Sky is absolutely f****** dreadful. What the f**** Paul Merson is doing with a job that involves speaking I have no idea. Its so painful listening him bumble through each programme mispronouncing players names and constantly contradicting himself in the same f******** sentence!!!

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

not helped by that word removed Stelling. Used to like him but his McLeish comments still rile me

I still love Soccer Saturday to be honest. Great fun.

Next time you watch it, wait until "Final Score" is on. Then switch from Soccer Saturday to Final Score.

It's like walking from a rave into a friary.

• Like 4

Neil Lennon came across superbly on MOTD2 tonight. I'm always slightly suspicious of a manager's success at Celtic, because there is no challenge there. Seemed a really engaging, honest and intelligent bloke- a proper modern football thinker in the vein of Martinez/Rodgers. I'd back him to the hilt if he one day became Villa manager.

I would shoot myself if we have any more managerial connections with Scotland or Celtic.

Edited by bose

Just watched MOTD from last night, god do they even watch the games? Said Shaw was tested defensively? Really, for me Albrighton beat him many times. Yes he was good going forward but couldn't defend!

Agreed. One of my mates said Shaw was Man of the Match.

Southampton, who dominated, put in 15 crosses last night. Villa barely had the ball, yet Albrighton managed to put 15 crosses in alone. First 20 mins or so Shaw did keep him in check, after that Marc was able to basically do what he wanted.

• Like 1

Oh my word. How about this little gem from Andy "top, top player Clive" Townsend:

"Wigan need to get to 90 minutes as quickly as they can".

Well Andy. My guess is that it will take them 90 minutes to get to 90 minutes.

How on Earth did he get that gig?

Townsend is a bellend of the highest order and has literally zero insight. He is absolutely putrid when commentating on England games, he's a parrot and a cheerleader, it's amazing that he played for Ireland.

He played for Ireland because of his footballing ability not his punditry skills, I'm guessing.

(But he is utter turd as a pundit)

Oh my word. How about this little gem from Andy "top, top player Clive" Townsend:

"Wigan need to get to 90 minutes as quickly as they can".

Well Andy. My guess is that it will take them 90 minutes to get to 90 minutes.

How on Earth did he get that gig?

Townsend is a bellend of the highest order and has literally zero insight. He is absolutely putrid when commentating on England games, he's a parrot and a cheerleader, it's amazing that he played for Ireland.

He played for Ireland because of his footballing ability not his punditry skills, I'm guessing.

(But he is utter turd as a pundit)

For someone who had so many caps for Ireland he strikes me as quite the England fan. 

Townsend was never good enough to play for England, but played for ROI because of his family roots, there was a handful of others who were born in England but played for Ireland, Chris Houghton was one of them

and mark lawrenson

Edited by Jimzk5

Â