Media and punditry

BOF

Gordon Strachan is very funny and witty. He's great to watch.

Thought he was being a bit of a clearing in the woods tonight before extra time started. He made his point, Hoddle tried to make a counter point and Strachan kept repeating his point over the time of him whenever he tried to start.

I would much, much rather have professional journalists report on the World Cup rather than bloody Alan Shearer  walking around in slow-mo instagram-cam talking about the trials and tribulations of footballers.

i thought about this when they showed belgium v south korea, when they did a run through the prem based belgians and then gave the koreans a 30 second spot, think they mentioned min as doing well in the olympics, him that plays for QPR and then ji sung park...

im not convinced that their target audience wants a 10 minute breakdown of the south korea team, or other than being told 3/4 times a game that origi might join liverpool, until he does your average fan doesnt care about him

its basically a set up aimed at utd and liverpool fans, those that can tell you the birthday of the U18 left back in their own team but before this competition didnt know who james rodriguez was, but now they do he is of course "on the brink" of joining utd, and these idiots buy in to it

the CL show is the same, ITV are appalling at it

This.

Every time a new channel gets the football (Setanta, ESPN, BT etc) I pray that someone will try somethign different and employ people who know their shit.

But like you say, it's a minority that want that. The masses would much rather listen to Shearer re-commentate on some footage than hear someone who could actually analyse it.

This.

Every time a new channel gets the football (Setanta, ESPN, BT etc) I pray that someone will try somethign different and employ people who know their shit.

But like you say, it's a minority that want that. The masses would much rather listen to Shearer re-commentate on some footage than hear someone who could actually analyse it.

Its lowest common denominator stuff, has been for years and even BCC with MoTD has gone the same way to an extent.

I think BT had a chance to be different but like those who went before them they failed, it is interesting that seemingly Sky have responded to the threat by getting people like Neville who provide more detailed analysis.

I genuinely hate Lawro and Pearce.

How can a pair of people of people that have been flown out to watch the World Cup sound so perpetually miserable?  Next time stay at home, you words removed.

• Like 4

On the other hand, I've been surprised by Rio. Makes some very interesting points.

Exactly what an ex-player pundit should be there for.

He does look like a reanimated corpse though. 

How refreshing to have a day of no World Cup football on ITV, wonder what the viewing figures will be like for the final??

Ten times as many watching BBC compared to ITV?

Â