Ashley Westwood

Nabby

On 4/1/2017 at 20:44, Phumfeinz said:

The day when this is moved to other football will be a great day for VillaTalk and Villa fans in general.

and crucially a great day for Aston Villa Football Club

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

that would be the relegation clincher alright ;)

It would also confirm that Paul Clement shouldn't have given up his day job 

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Listening to the WM football phone, there were a couple of Wolves fans calling in saying they've heard Wolves are after him

If this is true ffs Bruce don't play him on Saturday.

Just don't let him go for peanuts, off the top of my head, midfielders derided by us in recent years and allowed to leave : Stephen Davis, Marc Albrighton, Idrissa Gueye, Craig Gardner, Jonathan Hogg, Barry Bannan, Harry Forrester, Wayne Routledge, went on to perform better than they ever did for us. 

And some of those would walk into our team now. 

So let's at least make sure we get good value, just in case another coach actually gets him playing. 

13 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Just don't let him go for peanuts, off the top of my head, midfielders derided by us in recent years and allowed to leave : Stephen Davis, Marc Albrighton, Idrissa Gueye, Craig Gardner, Jonathan Hogg, Barry Bannan, Harry Forrester, Wayne Routledge, went on to perform better than they ever did for us. 

And some of those would walk into our team now. 

So let's at least make sure we get good value, just in case another coach actually gets him playing. 

I couldn't care less about how much we get for him - I'd actually be happy if we paid money to get rid of him, I just can't take watching him play again. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I couldn't care less about how much we get for him - I'd actually be happy if we paid money to get rid of him, I just can't take watching him play again. 

Sadly I feel the same.

I think something has gone wrong with his game.

I used to play darts years ago ( to a fairly high standard) and there was a thing around and still is called " Dartitis" where you struggle let go of the darts and it affects the "throwing action"

I would not be surprised if Ashley Westwood has a football equivalent of that.

• Like 2

I'm not sure, maybe something has gone wrong but I think it's more a case of him being exposed by the lack of decent players around him. He has nowhere to hide and this is a massive problem with him as it has just exposed how cowardly his play is - in terms of  both his 'safety first' passes and his shirking of any physical contact or 50-50 challenge. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sadly I feel the same.

I think something has gone wrong with his game.

I used to play darts years ago ( to a fairly high standard) and there was a thing around and still is called " Dartitis" where you struggle let go of the darts and it affects the "throwing action"

I would not be surprised if Ashley Westwood has a football equivalent of that.

In Cricket it's called the yips. He probably has that too. Full blown Yipitis. 

On a serious note, if Wolves buy him off us for actual money, I'm throwing a house party. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Same as that, got dartitis and can't play competitively anymore unless I skull a load of booze. No probelms in practice at all.

:offtopic: