Ashley Westwood

Nabby

The neutral commentator seemed to think he made a mess of it. 

And still, we're talking about a premier league football player. That shouldn't be a skill that's too difficult to execute for someone playing at the highest level 

Edited by DCJonah

i think it wasn't too easy but he snatched at it. If you're going to lash it - get it on target!

Whilst I'm never happy to see him come on, I was glad to see him not put in front of the back 4 - it's not his game. If / when gardner is fit i'd like him to replace wesytwood on the bench

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Best of the three midfielders today, deserves to start the next game. Even if he does only give "5/10 performances", it's better than the terrifying unpredictability of Gana and Sanchez.

Didn't think he was as good as that: Veretout was in my eyes more influential. Westwood found himself in some good advanced positions today, but he doesn't know what to do there. I'll maintain he'll influence in the lower leagues. Just not in this one. 

• Like 2

Thought he was pretty good and helped keep up our intensity in attack in the second half. Him and Veretout are very clever footballers and calm on the ball which is what we need. I would start him instead of Sanchez who is too erratic and puts us in dangerous situations.

44 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was OK, our second best midfielder after Veretout.

I don't rate Westwood because IMO across 100 odd games he has shown he isn't good enough.

However, I thought he showed a bit more aggression in his game yesterday and that was pleasing to see. Agreed he was probably our second best midfielder vs. the toon.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I don't rate Westwood because IMO across 100 odd games he has shown he isn't good enough.

However, I thought he showed a bit more aggression in his game yesterday and that was pleasing to see. Agreed he was probably our second best midfielder vs. the toon.

maybe by being dropped finally gave him a kick up the arse

Westwood was Westwood. Which means he was utterly anonymous. However being in a midfield with players who actually played worse (and may even be worse) than him in Gana and Sanchez meant his performance almost becomes a decent.

• Like 1