Ashley Westwood

Nabby

6 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

Remember at the start of the season people were saying that he's better Mason and Bentaleb. :D

There's really not much in it.They are all just decent PL midfielders and nothing exceptional. Don't let the fact that they're Spurs players fool you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought he would come good but jesus christ is he one of the most average players we've ever had in midfield.

Short passing great, long passing average, killer balls non existent, escape passes poor, shooting very poor, switching play slow, corners average sometimes good, tackling poor, positioning poor, protecting awareness poor, pace poor, strength none, dribbling average because I'm being nice.

Just not good enough, bring back fat Stan or Barry. Our midfield recruitment has been absolutely shocking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I maintain Westwood is the worst Villa player in our history with 50 or more appearances.

Difficult to disagree with that. 

Yes he was woeful today. yes he hasn't been nearly good enough for a long time now.

However, worst player in our history? 'Was probably out of his depth at L2 level when we bought him' are examples of needless hyperbole and ridiculous overreactions. 

We're already shite, there's no need to go massively over the top.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

the fact that Guzan, Westwood and Clark have played nearly 400 games for us is an indicator of how shit we have been in recent seasons. Better run teams would have sold ages ago and none would have got new deals

• Like 3