Ashley Westwood

Nabby

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We'll see. He's a good proven player at this level.

We are rock bottom of the league. Now I'm not saying that a (soon to be) relegated team can't contain decent players (see West Ham)

But we are talking about a player that a lot of Villa fans would like to see dropped from that team sitting bottom. In what way is he "proven at this level"

Those that know, know, Those that don't know, don't know. When he's at his best he's a footballer's footballer.

Those that think they know, but don't know, know that what they don't know isn't worth knowing, unless you're in the know.

I happen to know, so I'm alright.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Those that know, know, Those that don't know, don't know. When he's at his best he's a footballer's footballer.

Classic useless :wub:

Edited by Xela

You rather make my point for me. I don't know how anybody can deny he's proven at this level. He might not be a world beater, in a struggling team, but he's shown that he can do a job. I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Bournemouth, Swansea tried to sign him they survived. As it happens I have a feeling he'll be loyal to us anyway and try to help us bounce straight back up.

• Like 2

Genuine question. Those who post everytime he has a shit game (And never post when he has a good game) and those who post everytime he has a good game (And barely post when he has a bad game) ...realise his ability is some where in between? 

This thread is so annoying to read (lol me for keep on reading) because people don't want to change from their original opinions of a player. 

(Yes realise quite a few posts in between but I'm sick of seeing the same posters posting the same shit depending on his performance on 1 **** game.) 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Funny because i can't think of any other Prem team he would get in.

Watched most of the game yday, can't think of one thing, good or bad, that he did, but to claim it was a through ball for Gestade on saturday is typical of the shite some people on here come out with, more like a get after that pass.

Hes not as bad as Richardson or Sinclair though.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

far from the worst player we have but he doesnt offer anything offensively or defensively to our team. He will be decent in Championship and I imagine this will be his last season in this level

this

he's quite consistent, as in he's rarely awful, he's a tidy passer and would benefit if he had players around him who affected the game as he rarely does, but could be the unsung hard working midfield engine if we had better players. But we don't, and in all honesty we need better midfielders than him.

• Like 1

thats the whole point.. hes a championship player,if he does ok next year in the championship & villa came up,were at square one again, AW is a vital cog in the demise of the club,thats why we are sitting on 8 points rock bloody bottom.

i dont blame the players if they are not good enough,its not their fault villa bought them,they take the dough like any other player,its the fact that no one in the club is failing to address the problem of sub standard players

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

far from the worst player we have but he doesnt offer anything offensively or defensively to our team. He will be decent in Championship and I imagine this will be his last season in this level

This 

He is tidy on the ball and can play a pass but he adds little in defence and going forward even less.Also look at the possesion  stats this season for Leicester and look where Swansea ,Everton or ,the biggest example Man United are  .The Prem league is moving away from teams being sucessful dominating the ball passing and passing, its about quick play getting it forward to the strikers and creating chances.In that environment players like Westwood are obsolete. 

17 minutes ago, Nabby said:

This 

He is tidy on the ball and can play a pass but he adds little in defence and going forward even less.Also look at the possesion  stats this season for Leicester and look where Swansea ,Everton or ,the biggest example Man United are  .The Prem league is moving away from teams being sucessful dominating the ball passing and passing, its about quick play getting it forward to the strikers and creating chances.In that environment players like Westwood are obsolete. 

This has to be the most unimformative (dont even know if thats a word) post I ever read. Such misinterpreting of stats and not realising variance/short term vs long term. And equating team and single player.

Please look at that stuff. Your arguments are so quickly counter acted by teams who dominate possession (and done it over longer sample and applying same logic) 

(No idea how united included. Pretty lol) 

P.s your logic is about 5-10 years too late of your argument in world football

Edited by gharperr

This 

This has to be the most unimformative (dont even know if thats a word) post I ever read. Such misinterpreting of stats and not realising variance/short term vs long term. And equating team and single player.

Please look at that stuff. Your arguments are so quickly counter acted by teams who dominate possession (and done it over longer sample and applying same logic) 

(No idea how united included. Pretty lol) 

P.s your logic is about 5-10 years too late of your argument in world football

Possesion is nothing if you do nothing with it or take to long to get it forward.This is what happened under Lambert passing for passing sakes

Westwood doesnt effect the flow of the game enough his passing is generally safe and tidy but doesnt effect game.