Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood has been great so far this season, he ran out of steam vs Leicester in the 2nd half just like Sanchez and the whole defence did.

'great'

lol 

Yeah he was great, had an assist and was in the top 10 in the league for key passes after 4 games, What's your point?

Westwood has been great so far this season, he ran out of steam vs Leicester in the 2nd half just like Sanchez and the whole defence did.

'great'

lol 

Yeah he was great, had an assist and was in the top 10 in the league for key passes after 4 games, What's your point?

'an assist'.

hes rubbish. I am sorry but i dont buy any stats after 4 games.

He takes far too many touches and then he stops passes sideways or Gil/Grealish come back to pick it up.. where its HIS job to find those players.. not have them dragged out of position. He stunts out attack/counter attack.

Defensively.. hes awful in the air and just weak in tackling.

I hope once our side settles he wont make the starting side. Gueye Veretout and Sanchez or even Illori as a DM would be better options. Even Gardner should get a chance. The fact that he takes awful set pieces over and over again does my head in.

Edited by KSV

'great'lol 

'an assist'.

Lol such epic responses, well played sir, well played...

• Like 1

Hmmm. I like westwood i really do but the past few games hes been very poor. 

I dont think its a "he cant play in a midfield 2", i just dont think he can play when sanchez is in the team. Imo, hes best played as a DLP and he hasnt been played like that this season. Dont think he can do the further midfielder of the 2 CM's very well. Dont think hes good enough taking the ball from our half into their half like delph/gana  do and give that midfield drive. And sanchez occupies the space in the spaces that westwood is good at.

So i guess it depends if you want:
a) sanchez whos better at tackling but derps a ton with his passes when hes playing as the deepest midfielder
or
b] Westwood whos much weaker than sanchez and cant tackle aswell, but will never lose possession 

My 2c

Edited by gharperr

Hmmm. I like westwood i really do but the past few games hes been very poor. 

I dont think its a "he cant play in a midfield 2", i just dont think he can play when sanchez is in the team. Imo, hes best played as a DLP and he hasnt been played like that this season. Dont think he can do the further midfielder of the 2 CM's very well. Dont think hes good enough taking the ball from our half into their half like delph/gana  do and give that midfield drive. And sanchez occupies the space in the spaces that westwood is good at.

So i guess it depends if you want:
a) sanchez whos better at tackling but derps a ton with his passes when hes playing as the deepest midfielder
or
b] Westwood whos much weaker than sanchez and cant tackle aswell, but will never lose possession 

My 2c

With Gil and Grealish as (much better) playmakers, it's a no brainer for me that Sanchez should be there. 

• Like 2

Telling that his free kick at goal in the second half that he put over was greeted by boo's from the Holte.

Think the majority are getting fed up with his poor set pieces

That was at the referee for blowing the whistle while Micah was about to score.

• Like 2

Telling that his free kick at goal in the second half that he put over was greeted by boo's from the Holte.

Think the majority are getting fed up with his poor set pieces

That was at the referee for blowing the whistle while Micah was about to score.

Well that certainly wasnt what I was booing for!! Nor many around me

• Like 1