Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I'm not criticising him because he got an assist, I'm criticising him because I don't think he's good enough. Just because we won it doesn't change that opinion.

You criticised his corner by calling it shite even tho it was an assist for a goal and was a great corner so your opinion doesn't hold much value.!

So because a pass results in a goal that means it was a great assist? When I said "usual shite corner" I meant his pitiful floated slow tripe. No top class corner takers take them like that and that's the reason we never score from corners. You make it sound like I'm the first villa fan to complain about this. Bizarre.

So because a pass results in a goal that means it was a great assist? When I said "usual shite corner" I meant his pitiful floated slow tripe. No top class corner takers take them like that and that's the reason we never score from corners. You make it sound like I'm the first villa fan to complain about this. Bizarre.

lol it wasnt a floated corner but whatever, maybe make a visit to specsavers.  Did you see the class ball he put in that won the corner that would of resulted in a goal had one of our strikers gambled and made a run to the front post.?

They're a style of corner that suits stronger, taller players as they have time to see the flight and leap and out muscle the competition. A whipped low corner is good for players with a good turn of pace to attack it and glance a header in. Its obviously a considered decision from whoever decides how we approach our set pieces to play them like that. He can take a corner how he's asked to. Whether that's the right way for us is a different question.

lol it wasnt a floated corner but whatever, maybe make a visit to specsavers.  

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/458268/Bournemouth-Aston-Villa-Rudy-Gestede-crushes-Cherries-hopes-dream-start

Ashley Westwood floated in a corner from the right and Gestede rose in a crowded area to power a header beyond Boruc to inflict a first home defeat on the Cherries in 11 outings.

Better make that Specsavers appointment mate  :rolleyes:

Amazingly, one of his usual shite corners produced a goal today.

Absolute shite.

How can you be negative about a player getting an assist.

So weird.

His corners are shite and always have been. Floated rubbish and easy to defend against. This isn't new information. Today yes, one was met with a beautiful run and jump from Gestede. Which was more to do with Rudy's exceptional aerial abilities.

Well Rudy is quoted this evening disagreeing with you.

• Like 2

Amazingly, one of his usual shite corners produced a goal today.

Absolute shite.

How can you be negative about a player getting an assist.

So weird.

His corners are shite and always have been. Floated rubbish and easy to defend against. This isn't new information. Today yes, one was met with a beautiful run and jump from Gestede. Which was more to do with Rudy's exceptional aerial abilities.

Well Rudy is quoted this evening disagreeing with you.

Well Rudy did think Alex took it...

• Like 1

Westwoods corners are decent if you have someone who can attack the ball like that, but you can be sure teams will be trying to block him off from here on.

I think we'll see Gil, Grealish and Veretout on corners this season as well so there will be different types of delivery coming into the box.

I like Westwood, I understand why people think he is average but he's been one of the few players who could actually pass the ball these last few seasons. Didn't think he was great today, they were able to get it into their front too far too easily and he wasn't close to cutting it out. 

I'd still have him ahead of Sanchez, especially at home, big season for him. 

Edited by JoeParker91

I think it's a sign of how good Westy is when he has what would appear to be a very average display on the day but still earned the corner and provided the assist to the goal. It was 100% a drilled in corner not 'floated'. Heck, BBC is reporting our victory as 'Villa strike late to beat Bournemouth' now I wouldn't say 71st as late I'd say 80th minute onwards is. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to how journalists report certain things. 

I'm personally just happy Sherwood sees something in Westwood that a lot of fans don't. Sad to see so much negativity and hate towards Westwood.

• Like 2

I think it's a sign of how good Westy is when he has what would appear to be a very average display on the day but still earned the corner and provided the assist to the goal. It was 100% a drilled in corner not 'floated'. Heck, BBC is reporting our victory as 'Villa strike late to beat Bournemouth' now I wouldn't say 71st as late I'd say 80th minute onwards is. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to how journalists report certain things.

I'm personally just happy Sherwood sees something in Westwood that a lot of fans don't. Sad to see so much negativity and hate towards Westwood.

I don't think anybody hates the guy. They just think there is room for improvement in midfield. Edited by Vive_La_Villa