Ashley Westwood

Nabby

wouldnt you just love if the snake was dropped from the England Squad and Westy called up? :)

I doubt it will happen.

I rate Westwood, that's no secret, but I think the england side is beyond him.

I would be as chuffed as anyone if he proved me wrong though

wouldnt you just love if the snake was dropped from the England Squad and Westy called up? :)

I doubt it will happen.

I rate Westwood, that's no secret, but I think the england side is beyond him.

I would be as chuffed as anyone if he proved me wrong though

I really think that he is one good season away. I dont think Delph was much better in 2013/14 then Westwood was last year (although they are different players)

I think you are probably right Stevo the only thing I would say is that there is a lot more competition in Delphs position than there is in Westwoods.

If we do manage to have a good season and Westwood looks great alongside our French imports then its not beyond the realms of possiblity.

Dont get me wrong, he is not there yet, however I really think he can be a great DM as he showed towards the end of the season, and depending on the England set up he could maybe play a part.

He's reminds me of Denilson who used to play for Arsenal. Half decent passer of the ball without offering anything else at all.

Very, very unfair.
I agree that's an unfair comparison. Denilson was a better player: Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

He'll get a cap. Not because he is good enough to play for England but because England are bad enough to call him up. If the media keep chattering about him Hodgson will throw him a friendly.

He was excellent against forest and deserves to start but I'm unsure how good he will be over the whole season. It's a challenge for him because over the next few years the club will really be looking to push on. Being a consistent 6/7 out of 10 for a team barley surviving won't cut it.

Looks like he'll be starting this season so must have impressed Tim. We were linked to Darder and Cambiasso who would play deep but those links seem to have gone away

He's reminds me of Denilson who used to play for Arsenal. Half decent passer of the ball without offering anything else at all.

Very, very unfair.

Funny how somebody who offers so little and is so crap has played so many games for us over the past few years and still appears to be a first choice midfielder, despite all our midfield signings this summer.