Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Has to be our most under-rated player. Considering he plays a holding role and barely gets talked about signals to me he is doing a great job. Very rarely puts a foot wrong. He's like a better Gavin McCann

Not good enough to be a starter IMO. Sanchez deserves the nod all day ahead of him.

Based on what? A bit of a shit first season?

Westwood has done more in a Villa shirt than Sanchez so can't understand how Sanchez 'deserves' the nod. Based off 30 minutes?

Edited by StefanAVFC

Absolutely nothing wrong with Westwood's performance today, thought he had a good game. Although agree with the general consensus about games passing him by and stuff. Should definitely sit it out against the big teams, although against lesser oppoenents where we can be more attacking he should start ahead of Sanchez

Don't rate him, never have. Lightweight and games always pass him by. Painfully average. Amazingly, one of his usual shite corners produced a goal today.

Yeah it was a really shite corner, landed straight on the head of Gestede.  I wish all our corners were just as shite............................................

I'm always surprised at the criticism this guy gets. Thought he was very tidy today and plays a very under-rated role - I like him a lot. I'm hoping him and Sanchez really push each other this season. Really nice to have good competition in this position, which can hopefully spur both of them on.

Westwood is technically a good footballer, moves the ball quickly and accurately and will benefit of hopefully having similar players around him.

I think those that don't like him are those that like the MON direct, driving counter attacking type player. That he is not!

Amazingly, one of his usual shite corners produced a goal today.

Absolute shite.

How can you be negative about a player getting an assist.

So weird.

His corners are shite and always have been. Floated rubbish and easy to defend against. This isn't new information. Today yes, one was met with a beautiful run and jump from Gestede. Which was more to do with Rudy's exceptional aerial abilities.

Amazingly, one of his usual shite corners produced a goal today.

Absolute shite.

How can you be negative about a player getting an assist.

So weird.

His corners are shite and always have been. Floated rubbish and easy to defend against. This isn't new information. Today yes, one was met with a beautiful run and jump from Gestede. Which was more to do with Rudy's exceptional aerial abilities.

No point having the discussion.

Actually criticising the guy for getting an assist after a solid away win is ridiculous.

• Like 1