Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He was excellent today, reminded a bit of what we used to get with Gareth Barry. He has great vision and technique, he keeps the ball well, chooses his passes well and his technique is great too. He's sensible, does the basics really well and is capable of some very precise and incisive passing.

Really exciting player. He bossed the midfield today in my opinion and the blend between he and Barry Bannan was effective.

• Like 1

The boy looks incredibly composed, calm and collected every time I see him he impresses me a huge amount considering the step up he has made. For me he could just prove to be the unexpected gem of Lambert's summer business.

For my money though he isn't on a par with Gareth Barry when he was 17 and playing alongside Ugo and Southgate, he really was something special. In fact I can only think of one player at that age who I've seen in the flesh who impressed me more and that was Rooney.

Lets hope he can stay consistent. It was only 2 years ago we thought we had a future england internationl in marc albrighton.

I think what has happened to Albrighton is largely due to two bad managers destroying his confidence and his game. I'm not sure he will find his way back.

Hopefully Westwood will enjoy a more consistent manager track record at a crucial stage in his career.