Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Turning aside how he played,Dean should be sanctioned by the appropriate Governing Body,he clearly saw the incident and did not protect the player concerned,Westwood.He should have given a red card to Dembele.

• Like 2

Turning aside how he played,Dean should be sanctioned by the appropriate Governing Body,he clearly saw the incident and did not protect the player concerned,Westwood.He should have given a red card to Dembele.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not red carding Dembele. I don't think it was intentional.

Not stopping the play for an obvious head injury is ridiculous though. So poor.

• Like 1

in 4 years i can not think on 1 AW has a real impact the way milner/barry did in the middle,

sorry but a vital cog in the demise of the villa

Probably because Westwood isn't as good as either of those two. Does that make him a bad player? Not a chance.

• Like 1

My main problem with Westwood is that he's too timid. Just the type of person he is I guess. I get the impression that if he had the opportunity to move to a Championship club where less is expected of him, he'd be happy to take it.

Thought he was actually doing well before his injury, but he is too timid. Seems content with just picking the ball up deep and making the safe pass. Rarely see him pick his head up and go for a splitting pass or attacking. It's a shame because his passing is actually decent. 

Surely that's a sackable offence from Dean? He put the player in unnecessary danger, with the recent history of football related deaths you'd think he'd be seriously reprimanded for such a blatant disregard for the players health? I exploded in the stands when he let play continue, I was a good 60 yards away and saw the collision clear as day.

Also, **** weak management from KM. I'd have told the ref bollocks, my physio is coming on. Pathetic that, all of it.

I can say that in the US, a referee would fail the match assessment for failure to stop the match for a potential head injury.

FIFA medical committee recommended a minimum 3 minute stoppage in play if a concussion was suspected, and player can only continue if approved to do so by the team doctor.

• Like 1

in 4 years i can not think on 1 AW has a real impact the way milner/barry did in the middle,

Probably because Westwood isn't as good as either of those two. Does that make him a bad player? Not a chance.

AW has been at in the main hub for the last 4 years, the results & league position are where villa are due to players of the standard of AW .

AW along with the list as long as your arm says he falls in the bracket " not good enough".

AW has been at in the main hub for the last 4 years, the results & league position are where villa are due to players of the standard of AW .

AW along with the list as long as your arm says he falls in the bracket " not good enough".

Same as Benteke and Delph. Not good enough.

• Like 1

If you went through every player in the squad you could create a case for them being good players.

bearing in mind it is a team game, not an individual sport

we have been flirting with relegation for yonks now under different managers and different players, yet we still come up with similar results.

I only wished I knew the answer......but I guess looking at our first goal against Spurs will lead you to believe we have too many players with too many basic errors in them.

Edited by TRO

Surely that's a sackable offence from Dean? He put the player in unnecessary danger, with the recent history of football related deaths you'd think he'd be seriously reprimanded for such a blatant disregard for the players health? I exploded in the stands when he let play continue, I was a good 60 yards away and saw the collision clear as day.

Also, **** weak management from KM. I'd have told the ref bollocks, my physio is coming on. Pathetic that, all of it.

We regained possession and still failed to put the ball out, though.

Poor all round.

Yep,

That theory really does my head in. He plays in a team that doesn't do well therefore he must be shit.

If you say so.

• Like 1

Yep,

That theory really does my head in. He plays in a team that doesn't do well therefore he must be shit.

If you say so.

I don't think it's that simple. Benteke stood out in a shit team, and everyone knew he was better than us. Westwood hasn't stood out at all over the last four years. He's a lot closer to the mean than Benteke was, so I don't think it's a good counter-argument. 

• Like 2

Wel no. They've moved onto bigger n better things whilst also playing international football whilst here.

What is moew evident that they were actually good is that somehow, now they have gone,  we've got worse.

I think the extent to which people used to rave about westwood, but now admit that he's at best, a decent player shows that he really isn't very good.

Wel no. They've moved onto bigger n better things whilst also playing international football whilst here.

What is moew evident that they were actually good is that somehow, now they have gone,  we've got worse.

I think the extent to which people used to rave about westwood, but now admit that he's at best, a decent player shows that he really isn't very good.

Who used to rave about him?