Ashley Westwood

Nabby

for me he has reached his ceiling as a footballer no matter who is in charge, He is 25 now and still hasnt really dominated a game with any conviction or consistency you want from a midfielder

Yes he played well under Sherwood when he had players like Delph and Cleverley doing all the running. I like him but he's average at best.

That's funny, because he was 18th in the league for distance covered in a game in September, and although there will be no Delph stats Cleverley is nowhere to be seen in the top 20

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/premier-league-s-most-hard-working-player-revealed

I wish I could find last seasons full list but can't find it anywhere.

haha okay, but when Delph and Cleverely were supposedly legging it around doing laps of Westwood (even though they weren't) that means something?

im only responding because it's funny now, but seriously it's ok to not like him as a player but just don't make shit up! find real reasons like he's not as good defensively as Sanchez and we need a stronger, taller player in there given our weak defence. 

• Like 2

Westwood had a stormer at Wembley vs Liverpool but it was a one-off, he never had a game like that before or since. He is a one dimensional player that in an age when shit like Jack Colback are getting England call-ups that he is never even mentioned

I also find it funny a lot of people were saying Westwood was better than Ryan Mason

• Like 2

I can't recall a time when anyone has said "Westwood played a blinder today".

Semi-final and a couple of games after that. He had a good run the season before also from Cardiff away up until the United game. But of course performances like those are the exception, rather than the rule. 

• Like 1

Can some smartass tell me the official term (if there is one, pretty sure there is,prob something like association bias?) for the flawed logic of. if "A & B"  and "C & B".              and "A & C = Y", then "B = Y" also? 

Rather use the official term instead of having to type it all out every other page in this thread

Edited by gharperr

When was the last time we didn't have a clown in charge? 

I hope the new man realises we need to move on from the likes of Westwood.

Bet you'll be banging the drum to bring N'Zogbia back in.

maybe. You gonna cry and demand the new man's sacked when Gil doesn't play every single minute?

maybe. You gonna cry and demand the new man's sacked when Gil doesn't play every single minute?

I might ;)

He wont be that daft who ever it is.

As said above Garde did play Gonalons at defensive midfielder to cover the back four. He brought him up through the youth team along with most of these guns like Lacazette etc. (Cheeky bids? ;))

In all honesty.. i could see Garde starting with Sanchez in the Gonalons position and using Veretout and Gueye as his box to box midfielders. He mainly used a 4-1-4-1 formation.

If thats the case. Could see something like this?

--------------------------------------Guzan----------------------------------

Richards----------Okore------------------Clark---------------Amavi

----------------------------------Sanchez---------------------------------

--------------------Gueye--------------------Veretout-------------------

Gil-------------------------------------------------------Grealish/Traore

----------------------------------Ayew--------------------------------------

Really need a new striker............ Could also used another attacker instead of one of the midfield trio against weaker oppositions.

I look forward to your Charles parade as he's charging head down out of play.

I'll be in here praising Westwood's corners if you need me.

Nothing to see here, just a bit of New Contract Syndrome. He's human, and so the part of his brain that makes him work extra hard has gone to sleep a bit. Drop him for a few games and if his replacements don't perform, he can come back with a bit more purpose.

He was average at best before he got his new FIVE year deal.