Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

LOL of all the crap that Lambert has signed, all the "potential" of these European youngsters a signing from Chesterfield, Bowery is the only one that I can see the point of. I don't include Benteke in this, nor Vlaar but all the rest are well below standard.

Bowery will in all likely hood never be our centre forward however his movement and effort are imo better than the useless Kozak. Somehow Bowery needs to find a goal then who knows? he may just surprise you although I'm not holding my breath.

He was hardly tearing up trees when he played for Chesterfield, I'm not holding my breath that somehow stealing a goal is going to turn him in to a Premier League player.

He's Lambert's Salifou.

I'd say helenious is lamberts salifou as he doesn't play. Bowery is lamberts sidwell coming on with ten minutes to go

• Like 1

For the money he cost and what we are paying him I don't think he is much of aproblem relative to the other signings. I do like his work rate and effort and I guess that gives the opposition problems. I was astounded that he was brought on against Palace seemingly as the 'match winner', he just does not have that experience (yet?!). Conversely Palace brought on Gayle....

• 2 weeks later...

Things Jordan Bowery can do:

Sick wheelchair doughnuts

Dazzle people with his brilliant white teeth

Allow people to become lost in his eyes, which are blue like a calm ocean in the spring time

Freestyle iPod dance moves

Things Jordan Bowery can't do:

Football

Things Jordan Bowery can do:

Sick wheelchair doughnuts

Dazzle people with his brilliant white teeth

Allow people to become lost in his eyes, which are blue like a calm ocean in the spring time

Freestyle iPod dance moves

Things Jordan Bowery can't do:

Football

bolded had me weeping :'(

this is the strangest sigining lambert has done in his time as manager.

I have nothing against bowery and when we came calling you cant knock the bloke for coming to the premier league.

The problem is at the moment he is always used as a impact sub yet he provides no impact. I genuinly don't think he is a shit footballer as i haven't seen him play enough to make that opinion. if you are only playing a bit part in matches and never truely etting a good full 90 minutes then you are never gonna be able to play to your true potential. clearly lambert sees somehting in this fella to persistently give him sub appearances especially over other certain strikers who have showed more ability than bowery in the short amount of game time they have had.

i just dont know what lamberts end game with bowery is unless he does actually plan to use him as an unimpacticing impact sub until the guy retires.

It is bizarre how he never ever seems to be linked with a loan spell, it's like he's not even a footballer and just some distant relative of Lambert who he's doing a favour of.

In 3 years time he'll be back playing in league 2 and everyone will be none the wiser as to how a premier league club came to sign him.

My own theory is that Gabby was injured at the start of Lambert's reign and PL clearly thought he could mould Bowery into a decent sort of backup for Gabby but in reality he's a million miles away from that.

It is bizarre how he never ever seems to be linked with a loan spell, it's like he's not even a footballer and just some distant relative of Lambert who he's doing a favour of.

In 3 years time he'll be back playing in league 2 and everyone will be none the wiser as to how a premier league club came to sign him.

My own theory is that Gabby was injured at the start of Lambert's reign and PL clearly thought he could mould Bowery into a decent sort of backup for Gabby but in reality he's a million miles away from that.

Backup for Gabby? 

Even if Bowery was in a 500 bhp wheelchair he wouldnt be able to keep up with him

• Like 1

Â