Joe Bennett

Si.

It was like playing against 12 men today

It was almost as if he were on the Norwich payroll

Complete and utter liability... How he did not get sent off ill never know

Edited by AshVilla

Oh dear, still struggling. A few mistakes today, on top of 'that' one. I don't see where the potential is, he doesn't look like a player. Poor marker, poor tackler, poor decisions. A new LB in the summer.

Seriously. Drop him for the next 2 games. Lichaj did well today coming on for Lowton. He won't be as much of a liability as Bennett. Let him play LB. We're still not out of it, and the ease by which players brush past Bennett is harrowing at times. 

There's a good player in there. He just needs to bulk up a bit. 

Yes he's had an awful game. His selection was justified though after this good performance on Monday and Clark still not being fit.

I don't think we should get rid of him. I do agree though that we should bring in some competition for the left back position next year to try and push him to get rid of these mistakes.

I don't think we should write him off completely after one poor season. He could be a competent backup for us in the future. Lets bring in some competition and see what happens.

Seriously. Drop him for the next 2 games. Lichaj did well today coming on for Lowton. He won't be as much of a liability as Bennett. Let him play LB. We're still not out of it, and the ease by which players brush past Bennett is harrowing at times. 

There's a good player in there. He just needs to bulk up a bit. 

No Bennett has figured in all our good performances lately. No way should we pick a right footed player on the left.

I think you are all being harsh. Yes, his defensive play was not good today, however, he looked very confident going forward. He played a lovely ball down the line to gabby and also he played a lovely ball into benteke in the middle just outside the box.

Thing is with Bennett, although he has shown signs of being able to be 'alright', managers and players alike now know that he is a liability for us and in turn plan to bully him on purpose. He makes rash challenges and reacts to things, isn't very strong and also is quite clumsy, not to mention the fact that whenever he does make a mistake he tries to rectify it which leads to even more problems.

He is a weak link, might be alright coming off the bench but we really need to bring in a new left back. Thankfully I think Lambert might realise this himself, before Clark got injured Baker had replaced Bennett on the left if we all remember.

Yeah I hope so too. I do reckon we should have him around as he still can come off pretty good and he has some potential. But we need someone better, no more excuses on this because that crap has costs us so many goals this season. We could actually be a pretty damn good team if it wasnt for those silly mistakes and bad defence we have had this season.

We desperately need someone in to give this chap a kick up the backside, as he doesn't warrant a place in the first team on that performance.

Snodgrass absolutely dominated him today, the amount of space and time he allowed the Norwich winger to run on the ball was a disgrace. That penalty foul was real schoolboy stuff; Snodgrass was running the ball out of play and had nowhere to go.

I wouldnt write him off completely yet. I don't think he's a very good defender but could do a good job as a winger.

Â