Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Never want to see this player in a Villa shirt again. **** useless. 

You know,  I wouldnt disagree.  The one note of caution was the majority of us were saying exactly this and worse about Hutton not so long ago

• Like 1

In other threads I've brought up the fact that I always rated Hutton and Clark, while others wanted them out, so I'll also put my hands up and say that I thought N'Zogbia would be a good signing. I was wrong, and now I'm with everyone else in the 'I'd rather see Bacuna/Grealish/ Robinson' group. It's a shame that we've not been able to get him to consistently hit that level he occasionally reached at Wigan.

In other threads I've brought up the fact that I always rated Hutton and Clark, while others wanted them out, so I'll also put my hands up and say that I thought N'Zogbia would be a good signing. I was wrong, and now I'm with everyone else in the 'I'd rather see Bacuna/Grealish/ Robinson' group. It's a shame that we've not been able to get him to consistently hit that level he occasionally reached at Wigan.

Give it about 12 months. He'll be playing for his football future with his contract running out. I think he's the kind of player who needs that sort of pressure on him to deliver his best football. He might as well stay on the bench in the mean time.

I'm surprised that he never gets mentioned when people talk about our worst signings. Yes he has scored a couple of goals and made some assists but for the fee and wages paid he has been as big a flop as any. I'd like to see him left out of the squad and Bacuna/robinson in ahead of him.

I'm surprised that he never gets mentioned when people talk about our worst signings. Yes he has scored a couple of goals and made some assists but for the fee and wages paid he has been as big a flop as any. I'd like to see him left out of the squad and Bacuna/robinson in ahead of him.

Agree with that. Bacuna in particular has contributed more in one season than CNZ has during his time here for me.

I'd still start with Nzogbia, Im in a massive minority I know but I would play him behind Benteke with Wiemann and Agbonlahor either side

More a tiny minority I'd say ;)

But I think he will probably start in the absence of others

I still think he is the best starting option in that role. I'd actually like to see Cleverley play the 10 role and Westwood, Delph and Sanchez in the middle when everyone is fit as he was excellent in that position for Wigan

N'Zogbia, Gabby, Andi and Richardson are (by our standards) costing us a lot of money while offering very little or nothing back.

Why Lambert persists with playing N'Zogbia i will never understand

There is a quality player in there somewhere just needs to find consistency

The problem is he is very single minded and doesn't think about how he can contribute, the guy has no natural position and while he did well at Wigan a lot of the time he wandered up top and acted like a forward or striker.

He can't play for us in the way/position he is playing, I said it 2 years ago and I remain convinced that the only way we'll get anything from Nzog is to play him as a striker or forward. He's not a good enough passer to play in midfield, he doesn't look up so can't really be part of one touch moves and he isn't a backward enough player to defend mistakes properly. 

I'd see how he plays up front or cut him loose, he simply can't be our wide option because he offers so very little.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Â