Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

sometimes the issue is we are very one dimensional so when he plays he usually gets aggressively marked and doesn't deal with that well

I think part of the reason we're one dimensional is because players like N'Zogbia run straight into defenders and lose the ball, instead of looking for teammates for the short simple pass. He missed Hutton's overlapping runs time and time again today. He never ever looks up. It's been a hallmark of his career with us.

• Like 1

sometimes the issue is we are very one dimensional so when he plays he usually gets aggressively marked and doesn't deal with that well

I think part of the reason we're one dimensional is because players like N'Zogbia run straight into defenders and lose the ball, instead of looking for teammates for the short simple pass. He missed Hutton's overlapping runs time and time again today. He never ever looks up. It's been a hallmark of his career with us.

yeah you're right, i should stop defending him. 

obviously with so little creativity in our midfield i am desperate for Zog to do well, but he is only ever half decent one in every 10 appearances (maybe more). He's probably only had about three really good games in a Villa shirt since we signed him. Frustrating.

I don't understand why he get so much stick. He lost the ball on 2 occasions, other than that i thought he played ok, had some nice combinations with Benteke and did things simple. I remember he set up Hutton well in the first half, were Hutton screwed up and LOST the ball. Everyone loses the ball on occasions, so calm down people, the critism for today's game is ridicilous.

Weimann lose the ball twice as much and shoots whenever he get's the chance, blasts them over. You don't see Weimann getting nearly as much stick as Zog.

Edited by villalad21

We have seen it, so Its definately in there somewhere. Unfortunately he can't find it!

he left it at Wigan along with his balls

Weimann lose the ball twice as much and shoots whenever he get's the chance, blasts them over. You don't see Weimann getting nearly as much stick as Zog.

Weimann gets a fair amount of stick i'd say

Firstly, Zog didnt have a good game. But as usual the criticism in here is vicious and over the top. He made a few poor balls and didnt really contribute much in the final third but a lot of the time he was just making the simple pass and didnt do a lot wrong.

But I really find it hard to understand why even after we win, people burst in here to slag him off, before they have even praised the players who played well. Some of you really seem to enjoy abusing him. He tries his best and works hard for the team. If he didnt, Lambert wouldnt play him. He isnt a lazy tosser like Bent who sulks/complains. He absolutely does not warrant the stick he gets. A lot of teams we play double team him all the time, they know he is dangerous and obviously get pre-match instructions. He feeds off confidence, against Man City when he made that great runs he got confidence after the first one so kept on doing it.

Someone said in the match thread that if he was playing for Wigan he would have shot on two occasions. I agree. His confidence is so low that he didnt attempt it. I really believe that when he gets a goal or something comes off he will be very useful for us. I want it to happen everytime he plays.

I can't see anyone taking N'Zogbia and his wages off our hands.

He's BFF with Benteke so probably worth keeping him until the end of the season for that. He had a couple of half decent games at the start of season but aside from Spurs has been poor since.

1 year left on his deal in the summer, I think we'll find someone to sell to for a vastly reduced price from what we signed him for.

He's got loads more ability than most of our squad but blows hot and cold. Has never been helped by out negative tactics under the last two managers.

Has made a couple of goals for us already this season, and is worth having around.

Â