Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I still think Senderos has been treated unfairly here - Sherwood's never given him a chance and we may not have needed to sign so many defenders, as a result. I'm not sure that Lescott is that much better than him.

He hasn't been available for him to give him a chance.

Balaban takes first place for me - how may games did he play 1-2-3? Not more

To that I'd say that N'Zogbia cost more and is on much bigger money. Plus, only a few games from Balaban, so you could argue he didn't get much of a chance - whereas N'Zogbia has let us down time and time again.

I still think Senderos has been treated unfairly here - Sherwood's never given him a chance and we may not have needed to sign so many defenders, as a result. I'm not sure that Lescott is that much better than him.

Seems to be conflicting info RE: that. Do you know that for a fact? Because I don't remember reading anything conclusive about that (might easily have missed something tbf).

Balaban takes first place for me - how may games did he play 1-2-3? Not more

To that I'd say that N'Zogbia cost more and is on much bigger money. Plus, only a few games from Balaban, so you could argue he didn't get much of a chance - whereas N'Zogbia has let us down time and time again.

Seems to be conflicting info RE: that. Do you know that for a fact? Because I don't remember reading anything conclusive about that (might easily have missed something tbf).

He injured his thigh on international duty with Switzerland and then he had a calf injury after that.

The mere fact that we're debating whether or not N'Zogbia is a worse signing than Balaban speaks volumes, even if the answer is no!

That being said, I don't know why people hate the guy and are so angry he's still here. I don't want to see him play because we have better players. But I'm not angry at N'Zogbia for that.

I see your point and to an extent I agree, I don't hate the guy.

But I do get the distinct impression he has a bad attitude, not in terms of being problematic I just get the feeling he doesn't really care about his career, his performances or how he is viewed.

Given the money we waste on him every week (not his fault we agreed to pay him that) and how limited our resources are and just how little he contributes I think it is understandable that people are eager to see the back of him.

Frankly I'm absolutely gutted we are now going to have to pay him close to £3m for the remainder of his contract unless he goes on loan or in Jan. We will get virtually nothing in return.

• Like 1

But I do get the distinct impression he has a bad attitude, not in terms of being problematic I just get the feeling he doesn't really care about his career, his performances or how he is viewed.

Given the money we waste on him every week (not his fault we agreed to pay him that) and how limited our resources are and just how little he contributes I think it is understandable that people are eager to see the back of him.

Frankly I'm absolutely gutted we are now going to have to pay him close to £3m for the remainder of his contract unless he goes on loan or in Jan. We will get virtually nothing in return.

Plenty of talent, chooses not to use it. Seen a few of those types over the years, probably the last of the big earners that don't contribute anything and will probably go in the next window. Given a squad number but I doubr we will see him often if at all

They are probably thinking that the guy is going to have to be paid anyway, so they might as well give him a number as there was a slot available.

As for omitting Senderos, he has been unavailable for a long time, they are probably unsure how much use he will be, and there is still a chance he will go out on loan, unlike N'Zogbia.

Plenty of talent, chooses not to use it. Seen a few of those types over the years, probably the last of the big earners that don't contribute anything and will probably go in the next window. Given a squad number but I doubr we will see him often if at all

see, everyone seems to use this argument but I genuinely don't that he has half the talent that people believe. In his entire career there have been some eye catching moments. But they are by far the exception rather than the rule. And they were eye catching, by and large, because they were selfish pieces of play - solo runs, free kicks, long range shots etc. Which is great IF you are producing them consistently - but he doesnt.

By law of averages if you continually attempt this stuff some of it will come off and people will remember it but no one takes into account the "opportunity cost" of these attempts - i.e ignoring a better option in favour of running down that blind alley/ taking the long range speculative shot. It takes a special kind of arrogance (cough *french* cough) to continue attempting the difficult option with such a poor success rate.

I dont hate the guy but I think his decision making and general ability are sorely lacking and entirely disproportionate to the wages he is on

• Like 1

What a waste of a space! Put him on the pitch and we will be playing with 10 men. The bloke dont care as he is picking up a nice big fat wage everyweek, he is effectively stealing a living!!

I agree with you there actually, but I also don't think he cares enough to work at his game etc.

Sound terrible to say it but I kind of get why players lose their motivation once they get a big fat long term contract. This wont reflect well on me but I know that I am an inherently lazy person. If I am to put myself into a footballers shoe, playing for a club that I have zero emotional attachment to, whose fans hold no love for me, whose cash allows me to never work again in my life, and I have no realistic international aspirations, what exactly is my motivation?

see, everyone seems to use this argument but I genuinely don't that he has half the talent that people believe. In his entire career there have been some eye catching moments. But they are by far the exception rather than the rule. And they were eye catching, by and large, because they were selfish pieces of play - solo runs, free kicks, long range shots etc. Which is great IF you are producing them consistently - but he doesnt.

By law of averages if you continually attempt this stuff some of it will come off and people will remember it but no one takes into account the "opportunity cost" of these attempts - i.e ignoring a better option in favour of running down that blind alley/ taking the long range speculative shot. It takes a special kind of arrogance (cough *french* cough) to continue attempting the difficult option with such a poor success rate.

I dont hate the guy but I think his decision making and general ability are sorely lacking and entirely disproportionate to the wages he is on

players of that ilk always perform inconsistantly, however he has gone from producing some eye catching moments to producing no eye catching moments. He can perform a lot better than he does but as Trent said he doesn't seem bothered

I agree with you there actually, but I also don't think he cares enough to work at his game etc.

Sound terrible to say it but I kind of get why players lose their motivation once they get a big fat long term contract. This wont reflect well on me but I know that I am an inherently lazy person. If I am to put myself into a footballers shoe, playing for a club that I have zero emotional attachment to, whose fans hold no love for me, whose cash allows me to never work again in my life, and I have no realistic international aspirations, what exactly is my motivation?

That's one of the reasons you aren't a professional sportsman, I would imagine. I'm pretty lazy too, so I get it. 

As for forms of motivation - another fat long term contract after it, glory and adulation or maybe a sense of beloning and being part of a team?

Â