Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I still have hope for him. He's played left-back before for Newcastle quite a lot, so reckon he might be a better option than Lichaj on the left in the current system.

It's frustrating though. There's a quality player in there, he's proven that in the past. It's just getting it out of him. I don't think he's an out and out winger; he's someone like Arjen Robben who cuts in from the right forward position and causes havoc, rather than someone who offers width and provides crosses.

If we continue with 3-5-2. I'd like to see him tried out in one of these positions -

------------ST--------ST

---------------HERE

--------C/DM-------C/DM

HERE---------------------HERE (Because I'm sure he said he likes to play on this side)

-----------CB CB CB

----------------GK

See how he gets on.

It's frustrating though. There's a quality player in there, he's proven that in the past.

He hasn't though. That's why he left newcastle and ended up playing at wigan. He has the ability but just doesn't have the consistency and is rumoured to have an attitude problem. Another hugely overpriced waste of money really. I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Wigan with a year left to go on his contract for a nominal fee.

Has ability just inconsistent always was even at Wigan hopefully will come good signs haven't been good so far as I said earlier might be worth a shot a left wing back he struggles to get into game think he would be involved s lot more on the left wing

He only ever came good at Wigan near January transfer windows or the end of the season and the summer window.

I have long suspected he is capable of being a very decent player, yet he only appears to find form ahead of transfer windows when trying to get out of Wigan.....

Now call me cynical but I call that the Lee Hendrie effect.

Have to say he played well when he came on on tuesday, said after the match that he gave us some real urgency which pushed us on for that flurry of late goals. As with everyone else I hope he comes good.

He reminds me of another stephen ireland who is another that tends to play when he feels like it.

For me there is no room at our club for this anymore and feel that if either cannot continuously give 100% like the rest of the squad do then it won't be a suprise to anyone to see them at another club come next summer.

I love it when people quote the amount they would like a player to be sold for.

Would you be happy if we spent £6m on N'Zogbia?

I suspect not and I would be surprised if there were managers out there who would.

i wasn't happy when we spent £10m on him.

If you read my post in context - what I said was, that they only way he would be of use to use is if we sold him for £6m - and brought in better players.

He's been nothing short of abysmal in his time here, Fully fit again, i really hope he can start doing something in a villa shirt. Actually got involved with celebrations the other night, can't say i've seen that before.

Like Trent says, he plays well near to transfer windows...

He was always an inconsistent, head down, selfish player who would catch the eye on match of the day but a closer look told you he wasn't up to much.

Charlie has a very high opinion of himself but it's obvious why a top side has never made an approach for him, he is just not good enough. He was a poor signing at the time and we'll be very lucky to get even half of what we paid for him.

Â