Rino8

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Klopp has spent over £750m on 53 signings during his reign. I didn’t realise it was that high. 

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

It’s only the Coutinho money he’s spent -edit  didn’t see your post @Xela, great minds and all that 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Good Richard Jolly fact: 23/24 will be the first season Liverpool without any player who played with or was managed by Kenny Dalglish since 1958/59.

He last managed in 2012….. who has been there since then? 

• Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That's what happens when you have to work with a shoestring budget.

Should give us a decent opportunity to stay within the Euro spaces.  Can't see Spurs having a great season, Chelsea might come back but who knows.  We should be there or there abouts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Plop have apparently approached PSG to loan Mbappe for one season… but I don’t see what’s in it for PSG really unless there it’s a loan to buy because his contract is up  in 2024

How could it be a loan to buy, his contract is up in a year.

The problem is Mbappe wants to stay and leave on a free. He also gets a loyalty bonus at the end of his contract. Nobody will pay the fee PSG want except the Saudis but he won't go there.

The best outcome of a bad scenario is they get him out of the club, get a huge loan fee and get a big chunk of wages paid for.

IMO Real Madrid will sign him for €100 to €150 million.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

The problem is Mbappe wants to stay and leave on a free. He also gets a loyalty bonus at the end of his contract. Nobody will pay the fee PSG want except the Saudis but he won't go there.

The best outcome of a bad scenario is they get him out of the club, get a huge loan fee and get a big chunk of wages paid for.

Ah right that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Can see this going to the wire on transfer deadline day sports fans :D

Loan move for Mbappe, plus Klopp saying he needs more midfielders.

I really have no idea how he manages to put a team together when he’s still working with the money they got for Ryan Babel when he was sold to Hoffenheim for £8m over 12 years ago.

The man really is a miracle worker.

Maintaining his giant horse teeth probably costs more than Liverpool have spent since the club was founded.

• Haha 4

Is loathing Liverpool a natural part of getting older, or should I have a doctor take a look? It's not so much hating Liverpool as a club as much as hating the worshipful respect they're automatically accorded from wall to wall across the British and even the American football media.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Is loathing Liverpool a natural part of getting older, or should I have a doctor take a look? It's not so much hating Liverpool as a club as much as hating the worshipful respect they're automatically accorded from wall to wall across the British and even the American football media.

It’s just the norm really, everyone hates the boys from the city of pity except their own fans and the meeja.

• Like 2

On 03/07/2023 at 17:08, The_Steve said:

Klopp has spent over £750m on 53 signings during his reign. I didn’t realise it was that high. 

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

£750m gross spend in 8 years - £94m a year. High but not that high.   

I wonder what Man Utd spent in the same period, or Arsenal since Kronke took over, or Newcastle since Saudi took over, or Villa since NSWE took over?

I won't mention Man City as you'd have to triple their official spend to be accurate.

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

£750m gross spend in 8 years - £94m a year. High but not that high.   

I wonder what Man Utd spent in the same period, or Arsenal since Kronke took over, or Newcastle since Saudi took over, or Villa since NSWE took over?

I won't mention Man City as you'd have to triple their official spend to be accurate.

Since Klopp took over at Liverpool, we've spent €686m on transfers (and 3 of those seasons were in the Championship :D)

Â