Rino8

Liverpool’s midfield this season is either going to be amazing, or completely terrible.

Has a team ever completely overhauled their midfield in one go before?  Usually you bring these players in gradually over a few seasons.

• Like 1

I dont know if this has been geniius from Liverpool or if i am giving them too much credit. 

Lowballing on Lavia all this time to enable them to watch what was going on with Chelsea and Caicedo.  Then Chelsea going in 2 mill under the asking price ( 2 mill !!) to try and get Liverpool to bite for Lavia. 

Then Liverpool all of a sudden finding £70 mill down the back of the sofa for Caicedo

I am positive Bloom would have been feeding them info as he hates Chelsea by now. 

.....scrap all that   110 mill for the same price as Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Martinez  Tielemans, Pau and Diaby.  Mentalists 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They could have signed the likes of Graverbach or others for cheaper in Europe. The desperation to appease the fan base is bad for the game generally. Outbidding Chelsea is not a good look. 

As big as Liverpool are, they don't have the money backing of the oil teams.  If Caicedo flops they are **** 🤣 Will take them a while to recover.

That is a lot of money for Caicedo! 

He's a player that I must admit largely passes me by in games I've seen Brighton play - I mean he must be good, but for the money they're paying you want someone that you come away from games thinking "wow" about. What do Brighton fans think about this signing?

I think our midfield four just became worth a quarter of a billion pounds.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, bobzy said:

FWIW, Caicedo looks a cracking player from what I’ve seen. I’d rather have him than Declan Rice.

He's better and has more to his game imo.

110 is ridiculous but he should cost more than what Rice did.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That is a lot of money for Caicedo! 

He's a player that I must admit largely passes me by in games I've seen Brighton play - I mean he must be good, but for the money they're paying you want someone that you come away from games thinking "wow" about. What do Brighton fans think about this signing?

I think our midfield four just became worth a quarter of a billion pounds.

He is what they need which is why i am a bit gutted. All their attacking players need that base and indeed legs. They now have them. Might not be an exciting signing but it is the right signing for Liverpool. And its not a risk. They know Him and Gary can play together  

Might be one for the conspiracy thread, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out like Chelsea, Liverpool are getting Saudi backing.

I’ve tongue in cheek joked about their away shirt being Saudi colours, but then if you look at the money they got for Henderson and Fabinho, mixed with the amount they are now spending on Caicedo and it starts to add up.

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is what they need which is why i am a bit gutted. All their attacking players need that base and indeed legs. They now have them. Might not be an exciting signing but it is the right signing for Liverpool. And its not a risk. They know Him and Gary can play together  

Even so, it's a huge fee for a player that's played one Premier league season and looked very good rather than great, there's also the Brighton risk factor, there are examples of players that move from Brighton and don't look the same outside of that system/set up.

Amazing fee really - the most expensive player ever in the English league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Even so, it's a huge fee for a player that's played one Premier league season and looked very good rather than great, there's also the Brighton risk factor, there are examples of players that move from Brighton and don't look the same outside of that system/set up.

With players like Grealish City at least knew he was good for marketing and sold plenty of shirts and seats to cover some of the fee. Liverpool ain’t getting any sort of bounce from Caicedo.

Liverpool fans in the office are very excited about this signing but have completely changed their tune on clubs affording to sign a player for £100m -

now it appears it’s ok to do so (but they still don’t spend like the Manchester(s), Arsenals, Chelsea’s etc etc) 

I hope he completely flops at Liverpool! 

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Like I said though I genuinely think these clubs have so much money that the fees are largely irrelevant to them, Liverpool have a higher revenue than Chelsea and utd they've just not splashed it historically, spurs could do it too if Levy felt like it

We'll see more and more of this

I have always said buying Brighton players is a huge risk. The club is well organised that a lot are system players and managers.

Potter, Bissouma, Cucarella failed when moving on. Trossard has done OK at Arsenal nothing special same with Ben White

• Like 3

Â