Rino8

Just now, bobzy said:

Pretty much every team in the history of football has players who dive/go down easily.  That some Liverpool players were doing it years ago has no bearing on Spurs players doing it this weekend.

(Although I understand you're just hatin').

I have actually no idea what your on about :)

I made a comment that liverpool players in the past have dived

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I have actually no idea what your on about :)

I made a comment that liverpool players in the past have dived

Yeah, I have no idea what your point was either :) 

You responded to a Villa fan saying that we, as Villa fans, would be fuming if Spurs players dived against us...

...by saying that Liverpool players have dived in the past.  Shrug.

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Van Dijk is absolutely shit, £75m for that is the worst piece of business in the history of football.

I'd rather have Dick Van Dyke in defence. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The referee was shit.

The linesmen were shit.

Liverpool are shit.

Klopp is shit.

Kane is a diving shit, Lamela is a diving shit.

Dele Alli a diving rat faced shit.

VVD is a £75m defender who lets a ball bounce in his box and takes a wild swing at it without any awareness at all. Shit.

The PL is just shit. It's farcical now it really is.

U ok hun? x

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Van Dijk is absolutely shit, £75m for that is the worst piece of business in the history of football.

He reminds me a lot of john stones. Way too relaxed and lackadaisical to be a proper defender. Saunters around the place without a care in the world.

I like all the conspiracy theories of the linesman “celebrating” once the one penalty was awarded.

Would like to have seen what the response would have been like had they been on the end of a Mike Dean arms aloft-where’s the party at? style celebration.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Zatman said:

Amazingly I wouldnt care :)

Really?  You care enough about an obviously ridiculously comment from Jordan Henderson to post it here.

Guardiola and Klopp as the 2 top managers in the Premier League must surely be the coming of the apocalypse :o 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Really?  You care enough about an obviously ridiculously comment from Jordan Henderson to post it here.

Guardiola and Klopp as the 2 top managers in the Premier League must surely be the coming of the apocalypse :o 

Again i really dont care. Just happy to see them flop like most other people do. 

• 3 weeks later...

What does everyone make of this?

Topman shirt

Topman urged to withdraw shirt after Hillsborough anger

9 minutes ago

Retailer Topman has faced pressure to withdraw a shirt some believe refers to the Hillsborough disaster.

The red shirt with a large number 96 is being seen by some Liverpool fans as a reference to the club's kit and number of victims killed in the 1989 disaster.

Louise Brookes, whose brother Andrew was killed, and MP for Wirral South Alison McGovern are among those calling for it to be removed from sale.

Topman is yet to reply but the shirt is no longer available online.

There is no suggestion the reference to the Hillsborough disaster was deliberate.

In a tweet, Labour MP Ms McGovern said the shirt was "very unfortunate" and should be "discontinued ASAP".

Ms Brookes, whose 26-year-old brother died at the stadium, said the phrases "karma" and "what goes around comes around" were used by some rival fans who claimed Hillsborough was "God's punishment" for the Heysel disaster in which 39 mostly-Juventus fans died at a match against Liverpool.

She also said the red colour, the number 96 and the rose were all symbols she associated with Hillsborough.

Ms Brookes said: "I really do believe it is something to do with Hillsborough.

"I would like it removed from sale and I do want (Topman) to explain how this shirt came about and what the thinking was."

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES

Image caption96 people died in the Hillsborough disaster

She said whatever the shirt's original message, "people will use it now as a way of antagonising Liverpool fans".

Ms Brookes said: "Our 96 were decent human beings who did nothing wrong.

"How would people feel if it was their loved ones being mocked?"

Some Twitter users have expressed their "disgust" and called for a boycott.

One user, @elabellaboo, said: "The fact that it has provoked thought towards the Hillsborough tragedy is enough of a reason not to sell the product."

Others called it "disgraceful", "in really bad taste" and "offensive".

'Weird coincidence'

But others have said the shirt is nothing to do with Hillsborough and actually references a Bob Marley song.

Others said Karma is a brand.

One user, @TaintlessRed, said any connection was probably "unintentional", adding: "They've could've thought of the other connotations perhaps but probably the designers don't follow football or were aware."

Another, @98JamesConroy, said it was a "weird coincidence".

Several said Topman would not deliberately put a top out mocking Hillsborough.

Also on Twitter, Ayden Cox said: "That Topman t shirt is an unfortunate coincidence. They need to remove it because it looks awful! But this is surely just a genuine mistake"

Â