Rino8

Football scout - seemingly easiest job in the world at the top level. No imagination (or risks) with signings anymore 

• Like 1

Just read this on the BBC

I'm not saying Philippe Coutinho won't be a loss, of course he will, but i don't understand how you can look at those stats and worry that Firmino is going to fall apart because Coutinho is gone. There doesn't seem to be a huge disparity. 

In terms of goals, no player has scored more than Roberto Firmino since he joined the club in the summer of 2015 (30 goals) but without Coutinho alongside him, the Brazilian forward is not as effective. Firmino has scored six goals in the 11 games they have started together this season, but in the seven games he has started without his compatriot, the 26-year-old has managed just three. That's a goals per game ratio of 0.54 when they both startcompared to 0.42 when just Firmino starts.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm not saying Philippe Coutinho won't be a loss, of course he will, but i don't understand how you can look at those stats and worry that Firmino is going to fall apart because Coutinho is gone. There doesn't seem to be a huge disparity. 

It's too small a sample size to draw any conclusions either. That could just be a measure of fixture difficulty, without more data.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Especially since Coutinho has missed 8 out of 22 games this season.

And with Salah having scored 17 in the league already and Mané back fit again.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's too small a sample size to draw any conclusions either. That could just be a measure of fixture difficulty, without more data.

Agreed, its a ridiculous sample size and even then those stats dont show a huge disparity. As i said he will be a big loss, buts thats a terrible article

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

If Liverpool had sense they should go after Aubameyang who has a release fee. 

I think the ship is sailing on him now. He's 28 so if you sign him to a five year deal then that takes him up to 33 which means zero resale value. Basically if you sign him he needs to be an instant success and then you hope that you get 3 good years out of him. 

Its a loss but its softened by just how good Salah is and now they cant afford to make the same mistales they made when selling Suarez. One big signing to replace Coutinho. Sanchez, Mahrez, Keita deal could be brought forward, 

On 08/01/2018 at 11:49, a m ole said:

Why would Sanchez go to Liverpool? He's leaving Arsenal to win things.

But next year will be Liverpool's year.

:trollface:

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A very surprising result today for them and never had them down to take it to Man City how they did.

I wasn't that surprised. They play a fast break counter attacking style that is the exact type of football that's going to cause City problems. City's weakness is the back four & the space in behind them and Liverpool can exploit that on the break.

Â