Rino8

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

What did Firmino say? I’ve read that he called him a ‘puta’ which is ‘crazy bitch’. The videos pretty much confirm this. If someone had just assaulted me I’d call him worse than that. Are people jumping the gun with the racism thing? Another faux offence ala social media? 

But Holgate is English, can he speak Portuguese? It must have been something in English to set him off like that immediately.

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

But Holgate is English, can he speak Portuguese? It must have been something in English to set him off like that immediately.

"Negro" is pretty self explanatory even for an English speaker (if that prefaced any comment Firmino made)

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

"Negro" is pretty self explanatory even for an English speaker (if that prefaced any comment Firmino made)

I can only imagine he was called a n****r to fly off like that, and he was desperately trying to get the ref to agree he heard it too so it must be an English insult.

Edited by Genie

You can see Holgate mouth to Bolasie he just called me a f*****g n****r. No place for it in any walk of life, they should throw the book at him if thats what he said.

This is the video ive been watching, skip to about 30 seconds as Bolasie approaches him: 

Edited by leighavfc

And as by some lucky fluke the PES 2018 game (by Konami who sponsors Barca) has Coutinho as their new ambassador since this summer.

He replaced Neymar who was originally supposed to be on the cover before he left Barca for PSG.

And now he's signed for Barca...

• Like 1

It’s amazing how they don’t see anything wrong with how they do their buying yet Barca are a disgrace...

A Liverpool fan friend of mine on fb

They have been f**king minging how they have gone about their business mate,he has joined a better team and he will be brilliant for them,the way they have gone about things has been terrible though.

:lol: The club who were threatened with legal action over their pursuit of VvD ... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Can see them going for Mahrez and paying about 70 million for him

My son messaged me earlier to say he had saw rumours about Mahrez going to Liverpool. He's only 13 so was probably just looking at click bait rubbish or Instagram, but it does seem a logical route to take. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Can see them going for Mahrez and paying about 70 million for him

...it would be another “heads gone” for the scouts at Liverpool. I imagine it’s a big department of experienced scouts watching footballers from all over the world and then filing their reports. I’d be gob smacked if they thought that with pockets full of money that Mahrez is the best thing for them to get rinsed on.

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've despised that dickhead ever since he made light of his drink driving conviction. 

His 'glow in the dark' teeth that can be seen from space were punishment enough for that. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

...it would be another “heads gone” for the scouts at Liverpool. I imagine it’s a big department of experienced scouts watching footballers from all over the world and then filing their reports. I’d be gob smacked if they thought that with pockets full of money that Mahrez is the best thing for them to get rinsed on.

This is where their scouts need to earn their money. Any semi-obvious signing will come with an additional £20m+ premium given the Coutinho money. 

I've seen the Mahrez rumour but don't really get it. He's best on the right wing and they're obviously covered there, unless they plan to move Salah centrally. I think Liverpool, not that I care too much, ought to sign a keeper, another centre half and proper number 9, rather than look for a direct replacement for Coutinho.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is where their scouts need to earn their money. Any semi-obvious signing will come with an additional £20m+ premium given the Coutinho money. 

I've seen the Mahrez rumour but don't really get it. He's best on the right wing and they're obviously covered there, unless they plan to move Salah centrally. I think Liverpool, not that I care too much, ought to sign a keeper, another centre half and proper number 9, rather than look for a direct replacement for Coutinho.

Sanchez from Arsenal (if he’ll go there) would be good use of the money, a similar ilk of Coutinho.

Selling your best players and replacing with weaker doesn’t go well in the long term, see Aston Villa for evidence.

• Like 1

Â