Rino8

23 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

There's an official UEFA statement doing the rounds saying he's not under suspension, but is under investigation for violating an anti-doping rule.

Rumour is that's it's a fat-burning substance.

Can he get Gabby 3 or 4 tubs on the cheap?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Contracts are worthless, even more so when it comes to managers. Might see them get a decent pay day when a big boy comes calling.

Alternatively, it will cost them a fortune when they decide to fire him in a couple of years.

• Like 3

But none of the players were his according to our deluded scouse overlords. This season they will win everything including competitions they aren't in as they will be that good :D

Edited by Villaninireland
  • Like 1

Seen a bit of their friendly tonight....Mane already missed two one on ones.

Reckon if he dosen't get off to a good start he'll be one of the flops of the season for the price paid. Was hot and cold at Southampton and we're not in the league to get him going.

My Liverpool supporting thinks it a great bit of deal to sign Klopp on so long. When I pointed out that he was one of the who laughed so much at Pardews contract, he said that this is different but it has clauses etc in, but allows the club to build, plus if he moves clubs they'll get a big pay out... So bloody delusional 

most overrated manager in the league, the great man manager who killed Benteke confidence who is a confidence player. Liverpool will also finish nowhere near the Top 4 this season if City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs play anywhere near their level

he be sacked in 18 months

• Like 2

Benteke was struggling way before Klopp arrived. Yes Benteke is a confidence player without confidence but he is also a player that doesn't have the attributes that Klopp seemingly wants and doesn't work with his style of player or the players around him.

It seems an odd criticism to level at a manager that he failed to get the best out of a player he didn't sign and wouldn't sign, who doesn't fit his system. 

What do you think he should have done? Changed his entire philosophy and approach to try and get the rest of the Liverpool side set up to get the best out of Benteke even though they a didn't have the players? Which we all knew 12 months ago. 

In my view that is an easy but wholly unjustified criticism. 

As it is he took someone else's team to not one but two cup finals. Now granted there is a question or two to be raised about Klopp's track record in finals but he got there nonetheless.

Plenty of people defend Garde for last season saying he shouldn't be judged on other peoples players that he hadn't signed, I think at one time I saw you post something along those line though I could be wrong. It seems though the same should apply to Klopp.

So far personally I think he had done well implementing his style and philosophy on inherited players signed to play in different systems.

I think he will improve them this season. He may not get close to the sides you mention but I'm not sure that is a barometer of how good he is at the job.

• Like 1

I was very anti-Garde early on for playing Scott Sinclair ;)

but the good managers find systems to get best out of their players at disposal plus didnt he allegedly want sign Benteke at Dortmund which is still a rumour that I think had zero substance

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but the good managers find systems to get best out of their players at disposal plus didnt he allegedly want sign Benteke at Dortmund which is still a rumour that I think had zero substance

Yes they do, they also do what is best for the team, he went with the team rather than make the team fit the individual.

It think its a very weak argument using Benteke as evidence of his poor performance. 

As for you point re Dortmund, I won't counter that as you did so yourself :)

Â